cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJHenderson
What's DOS?
Views: 123
Message 1 of 3

Need to rebuild RapidDrive from restore.

I experienced a drive corruption on my Lenovo Y580 using RapidDrive.  I have a partition level backup of all partitions from the drive, which correctly has the SSD and HDD partitions seperated.  The problem I'm running in to is determining how to re-link the partitions after restoration.  There is clearly some kind of magic that RapidDrive uses to fake them in to appearing the same as I can see from the way that partitions show up.  Is there a tool or some manual way to reassociate the partitions after I nuke everything and restore the base unassociated partitions or am I going to have to try to restore all but the HDD C drive partition, force Windows in to working in safe mode, reapply the RapidDrive against the empty drive and then do a file and folder level restore on the linked drive?

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 112
Message 2 of 3

Re: Need to rebuild RapidDrive from restore.

Horse Shoes if it works. I never trust those tools. Stand alone image onto and external HD only sure thing if you have also verified the image backup.

As for that call tech support if they can talk you through it.
T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

AJHenderson
What's DOS?
Views: 103
Message 3 of 3

Re: Need to rebuild RapidDrive from restore.

Yeah, I know the images are good.  I can browse the file systems on the images just fine.  I'd prefer to get it back to a working state though.  That's the beauty of partition level backups is that they can restore a system to an exact image, problem is that RapidDrive screws with the process pretty severely and is not well documented (if documented at all).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors