Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RichAinz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,403
Message 1 of 5

Need to restore recovery partition and Onekey Recovery. [Y510p]

Since I deleted all drives, including the 24GB recover drive, I need to restore this configuration, please direct me to an application download that I can use for this. Would have to restore the OKR functionality.

The reason I deleted this was that when installing Windows 8.1 it kept listing both drives (the 24GB and the HDD) as installable drives, and wanted to default to drive 0 (24GBFlash) instead of drive 1 (HDD). In Windows logic, a OS should be installed on the 0 drive (or the drive connected to the first available sata/ide connection).

If you also have an updated version of OKR for Windows 8.1 I would rather have that thankyou, I have my own 8.1 license.

I have seen some answers directing us to sending in the laptop to lenovo for this. I refuse to do that.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,391
Message 2 of 5

Re: Need to restore recovery partition and Onekey Recovery. [Y510p]

For DIY: It is possible to recreate the partitions but it will be difficult to make OKR function without a copy of the okr backup image.

Also you may have misinterpreted the ssd cache as the recovery drive. So before starting to implement your plan be sure you have the correct information. Its not really as easy as you think so be careful.

So without the okr image backup, your only choice is what everybody is telling you all along: send your unit to Lenovo. They're the only who can put back your system to factory default.

RichAinz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,384
Message 3 of 5

Ah, but I do have a backup. On an external USB disk. Forgot to mention.

The thing that is annoying is that there seem to be no tool to actually RESTORE the backup and recreate OKR functionality.

It just seems to me that I bought the worst possible computer after many years of good experience with Lenovo Thinkpads (T61/T500/T510) at the office. Everything just works in those.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,363
Message 4 of 5

Here is the link. Good lucK!

RichAinz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,350
Message 5 of 5

Ok, on it.