Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alok_Y570
Paper Tape
Views: 1,262
Message 1 of 5

New IdeaPad Y570 - Bios update and screen blank

Hi, I just got my Ideapad and was super excited amd impressed with it.

Went about the normal way of updating drivers, softwares and BIOS. Unfortunatey, during the BIOS update it froze or I did something and I had to hard restart.

Upon restart it does start and everything but the display is blank. I can hear the logon sound and so now it is booting up normally. Tried to connect my HDTV as a monitor (which was getting connected earlier) but is unable to detect any signal.

This is my work laptop as well and so would appreciate any prompt help

Thanks for looking!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,243
Message 2 of 5

Re: New IdeaPad Y570 - Bios update and screen blank

hi alok_y570
during the bios process, it's not suggested to reset your computer and i believe you broke your mainboard. there are some ways to recovery the bios ( you can search the forum ) but i suggest you to contact lenovo support line for hardware support for free. warranty will cover the damage.

hope this helps.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Alok_Y570
Paper Tape
Views: 1,229
Message 3 of 5

Thans Yigit but i am not sure the motherboard is affected. I can hear the logon sound when the windows Ctrl-Alt-Del screen is seen, only issue being the screen remains in the turned off state and connecting to an external device also didn't work
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,168
Message 4 of 5

could be loose cable. i'm not sure whatever your problem is but i'm sure that you'll need hardware support. please, call lenovo support line.
( could be graphic card issue )

by the way, does your computer support switchable graphic card? you can try to switch the graphic cards if it does.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Former Administrator
Views: 1,165
Message 5 of 5

Alok_Y570,

You could also try removing battery and AC adapter... then press and hold the power button several time for several seconds each time.  Next, re-attach the AC and restart the laptop...

See if Video is restored.

If not, it seems likely that something went awry in the BIOS update process and it may be time to call support.

Sorry about the mishap !

Mark

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors