Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NozzaC
Paper Tape
Views: 850
Message 1 of 3

New Ideapad Z580 does not charge at all

Got a new Ideapad Z580 today and it doesn't charge at all.

It turns on OK with the power supply attached and the batter claims to be at 87% (plugged in, not charging) but that never changes. Even after like 8 hours solid charging (some with the laptop off, some with it on) it instantly turns off as soon as you unplug the charger. 

The orange battery light never stopped flashing orange.

I don't believe this is anything to do with the energy management software as the same thing happens if it's just showing the BIOS screen or it's running any boot disk / CD based OS you care to mention.

I went into the energy management software to see what that said and the battery health section said battery destroyed!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 835
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Ideapad Z580 does not charge at all

hi NozzaC,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try to:

1. Remove the AC adapter and battery and shutdown the machine

2. Hold the power button for 20secs

3. Reconnect the AC adapter and turn the machine ON

4. When you get into Windows, slide the battery back IN

5. Open Energy Management > Battery and see if you can set the settings to Maximum Battery Life.

Spoiler
battery.jpg

If you get the same error, I recommend you contact lenovo on how to go about replacing the battery.

Best regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

mfeijo
What's DOS?
Views: 593
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Ideapad Z580 does not charge at all

Thank you so much for your post. I just hung up the phone with Lenovo support after 2 hrs trying to get my battery issue fixed and they  said they would send me a new battery. 10 minutes later I got an email saying they didnt have the part, etc.. SO itwas a dead end and I was ready to ship my new notebook back to amazon, when I thought Id give it another shot and found your post, and IT FIXED IT!! You are the best. Many thanks!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors