08-03-2017 09:23 AM
My brother bought this laptop for me as a gift about a month and a half ago and it keeps freezing, no matter what I do. I tried updating several drivers as well as the BIOS but it just keeps freezing. I edit youtube videos, as well as write and author books and it's really frustrating when I am working on a project and I look away for a split second and the **bleep** thing has frozen.
It freezes up in a way where I can't even it CRTL ALT DELETE to go into taskmaster, everything is frozen. The mouse, the screen, the keyboard won't work, I have to completely shut it off and therefore lose a lot of work.
It even freezes up when I restart it, as soon as my desktop opens it will freeze and I have to restart again. I am this close to throwing the thing across the room.
Another thing is the wifi signal keeps dropping, I updated the drivers and I have no idea where to go from here. It will show my router is available but no be connected to it, and when I try to connect it says connection not available. And it's not just my router, it's any other place I go to and try to use the WiFi. I am beyond frustrated.
08-04-2017 06:47 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
Try to see if you are able to run an LSC scan, see if this is able to find anything for you at all;
1. Please click on the following link
2. Under the section ‘Download’ select the relevant Hyperlink dependant on whether your Lenovo is running Windows 7/8/8.1 32 bit or 64 bit.
3. When prompted, select save and browse to a drive and directory in which to save the downloaded files.
4. Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation file, lscsetup_x86_26001.exe.
5. Double-click the installation file icon to start the installation.
6. Follow the onscreen instructions via the installation wizard that will install Lenovo Solution Centre on your system.
7. Once installed you will have a ‘Lenovo Solution Centre’ icon on your desktop please click to open this.
8. Once solution center is opened please select ‘Checkup’ then ‘Hardware Scan’ and ‘Full Scan’
9. This will take up to 20 minutes, see if this can find any errors.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
08-07-2017 02:22 PM