Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

11-28-2015

United States

2 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 2

New SSD installation with clean windows 10

2015-11-28, 8:12 AM

So I am tired of the SSHD's laggy performance and grabbed myself Sandisk SSD Ultra II 960gb. I want to clean install windows 10 on it. Is there anything that I need to backup from the old SSHD drive?  I already upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and I believe if I install the correct version, it will activate itself automaticallly. But is there any way to get the One Key recovery and other partition on the SSD that I may need in future should I encounter any error with OS in future? Can I just plug in my new SSD and do a clean installation of windows 10 on it without cloning anything?

Options

5402 Posts

05-09-2013

United States of America

6273 Signins

19373 Page Views

• Views: 19373
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New SSD installation with clean windows 10

2015-11-28, 11:13 AM

wrote:

So I am tired of the SSHD's laggy performance and grabbed myself Sandisk SSD Ultra II 960gb. I want to clean install windows 10 on it. Is there anything that I need to backup from the old SSHD drive?  I already upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and I believe if I install the correct version, it will activate itself automaticallly. But is there any way to get the One Key recovery and other partition on the SSD that I may need in future should I encounter any error with OS in future? Can I just plug in my new SSD and do a clean installation of windows 10 on it without cloning anything?

If you do a clean install you will no longer have OneKey Recovery feature. Aside from that there might other proprietory Lenovo programs that you also cannot reinstall. For drivers try to backup the drivers folder in the D drive of the original drive if there are any else you can find them in the download site.

Windows 10 maintenance and recovery feature are quite good that IMO can be use instead of onekey recovery Or you can use other third party programs like Aomei Onekey recovery. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms