Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
y460stinks
What's DOS?
Views: 242
Message 1 of 4

New Y460 Network Disconnect

I just received a new Ideapad y460.  The internet connection consistently disconnects after 8 minutes.  The wireless connection to the router stays connected, but the connection to the internet goes to "no connection" with a yellow triangle and exclamation point.  The router is a Linksys RVL200 with latest firmware.  Ipconfig shows an IP address on my LAN, and the correct DNS addresses provided by the router.  I try ipconfig /renew, but get an error message about not connecting to DNS services. This even though the the adapter shows the correct DNS addresses. The only thing that brings the connection back is to "disconnect" and "connect" via the network connection panel.

I have tried, eliminating IPV6 services, manually setting the DNS addresses in the adapter, not registering the machine name in DNS, etc.  So far nothing works.  If I can't get it straightened out in a few days the computer will probably be going back to Lenovo.  Any help is appreciated.  I have searced the forum looking for solutions, but so far none of the things I have found work.

Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 237
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Y460 Network Disconnect

tried to reset router?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
y460stinks
What's DOS?
Views: 228
Message 3 of 4

Yes.  I have other PCs, Macs, cell phones, IPads, and wired devices on the network and only this Lenovo PC has issues.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 217
Message 4 of 4

try these:
-reset the modem
- remove readycomm application if installed
- use manual ip configuration instead of dhcp
- update modem's firmware.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com

Check out current deals!