cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vunguyen3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,523
Message 11 of 30

Re: New Y550 battery failure, customer service failure. Unit had wrong OS too.

So here is an update to my situation:

Bought the computer on October 27th

Got it sometime before thanksgiving. So about 3 weeks delivery. (not too bad, but a bit long)

Found out about the windows 7 issue and got it fixed by around Christmas.

Realized that the battery wouldn't charge end of December.

I waited about a week after I was promised a box to send back the laptop. I finally called about the box that they promised. They had no idea what I was talking about. So I finally got them to email me the return slip. This was on January 7th.

Was told someone would call me about the situation but never got a call back.

Was told I would get it by 15th latest it would be would be the 18th.

Now I called and found out about the battery being ordered and would not be here till later this week.

I have to call back this Friday to check on them.

Supposedly some guy named Rick Watkins is suppose to call me about my experience. It has now been 6 days and all I have is a voicemail from him. I have called him every day and gotten an answering machine.

So if you take out the 2 and a half weeks when I was in possession of the laptop Lenovo has had over 2 months now to get me a laptop that works and is what I purchased and paid for in full.

Sad isn't it. I even wrote them a email about the whole thing about a week or two ago and no response.

On a side note I bought a new desktop from IBuypower and it should be here on Friday at 4:30 which I bought on the 4th of January. This is a custom rig and it will be here sooner than my laptop.

Where is the customer service???

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,477
Message 12 of 30

SarahKats,

Sorry for the late response.
By the way, do you mind to send me a private mesage with the following details? I'll see what can be done to resolve your issue.

* Full Name
    * Machine Type Model (e.g. 7660-14A))
    * Serial Number
    * Email address
    * Contact Phone Number
    * Case number (if you have any reference number given by Lenovo rep)
    * Order number

vunguyen3, I am so sorry for the experience you have encountered. Please correct me if i got you wrong. Do you mean that your machine is now with service centre for repair?

Regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
vunguyen3
Paper Tape
Views: 2,448
Message 13 of 30

Yes I finally got the machine back yesterday. Only about 3 months since I bought it. There goes my 90 day warranty. Just hope nothing else will go wrong.

Kev1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,404
Message 14 of 30

Hi Mr Dough and other battery affected lenovo customers, have had same problem down  here in Australia. Get message "battery plugged in not charging". Computer will not work unless pluggrd in-makes it really mobile just what I've always wanted a laptop that has to be close to a power point.

Have been looking up manualsand trying to find out why get I get this message,thought my kids may have changed a setting.

Bought my computer(U350) in KL in August,after reading your tales of woe I am not looking forward to dealing with customer service here, Will contact them tomorrow, if that is even possible.

reddy2010
What's DOS?
Views: 2,336
Message 15 of 30

I am also in the same boat, I spoke CS,they ordered on collatral battery,soon I installed the new battery,my power adapater stopped working, Now i spoke to CS again..looking for ac adapter replacement.

I am using IBM T61 earlier since 2006,never had any issues still today.But it scares me with Lenovo Y550 or any lenovo products,may be soon if  face any issues on the same laptop,better forget lenovo in life time.Its horrible products.

Thanks for sharing the same here.

divyarb
Paper Tape
Views: 2,319
Message 16 of 30

It is amazing to hear such stories.  I bought my laptop on the 27th Nov and had it delivered after 3 weeks.  Now my battery isn't charging and they are asking for collateral for replacement of the battery...  I don't understand why the collateral...

And don't know what is going to happen about my battery...  Since I need my laptop for use...I need to get an answer about what to do about the battery replacement.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Divya

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 2,210
Message 17 of 30

For those who have a faulty battery,

You have to call to tell them about the faulty battery and ask for a new replacement. Faulty batteries need to be sent back because it would help in faulty analysis. Furthermore, the faulty ones are Lenovo's property after a new replacement is given to customers.

Another alternative way would be sending the machine to service centre for repair. Service centres may have the part to replace it right away, otherwise new battery would be re-ordered and it would take few days to return it back to you with new battery replacement.

Kev1, do you mind to send me a private message about the machine info? I would like to keep a record.

• Machine Type (e.g. 7660-14A)
  • Machine Serial number
  • Battery S/N (serial Number)
  • Battery Manufacturer (if stated)

Thank you.

Regards,
Cleo

T410, x240

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
lang82
What's DOS?
Views: 2,046
Message 18 of 30

I ordered my Y550 on 11/24/09.  I received it mid December.  I have just encountered the same battery problem that everyone has been describing.  Windows 7 says that there is 80% available, plugged in, not charging. When the AC is unplugged, the computer dies.  I'm glad I found this forum and that I am not alone on this problem.  It sounds like something that they should acknowledge as a major defect.   I have had no complaints regarding my experience with lenovo until now.  I will call support and see if I have the same poor service that I have been reading about.  A little nervous about how it will go. 

sonnet118
What's DOS?
Views: 1,970
Message 19 of 30

got my Y550 ONLY yesterday, with  '21%, plugged in not charging'  problem.

really disappointed about it.

tsai_235
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,913
Message 20 of 30

I, too, have become the latest victim to this known problem. After getting back from my business trip last night, I "unpleasantly" discovered that my Y550P wouldn't turn on without the AC adapter. Now the battery status says "71% available (plugged in, not charging)".

I bought this laptop 2 months ago after my T61 failed me after just 2 years and out of warranty. At this rate if I'm not getting a satisfying answer this might just be the last Lenovo I'd ever going to buy and I would have no choice but to rank the brand along with Dell if you know what I mean... sigh...

Help! Admins!!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors