Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NWDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,202
Message 1 of 9

New Z400's Bluetooth stopped working with error code 43

My Z400 arrived on last Friday and its BT stopped working two days later. When I checked its status in the Device Manager, I found this error message in its Property box: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43"

Googling this code, I've found several people reporting it, and even for Windows 7, or the Intel BT, so it looks like a Microsoft driver issue and not a hardware problem. I wonder if this happened to anybody else here and found a fix for it. 

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,187
Message 2 of 9

Re: New Z400's Bluetooth stopped working with error code 43

Hi
Can you give reinstalling the drivers a try?
You can either find it here
http://support.lenovo.com/en_IN/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS033356
Or in the d drive drivers folder.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
NWDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,177
Message 3 of 9

Ishaan,

thanks for that tip. I downloaded the Intel driver from the link you included in your post and it fixed my BT problem. Way to go!

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,094
Message 4 of 9

Welcome NWdude Smiley Very Happy
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
NWDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,005
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately, my happiness about the Bloetooth fix was short lived. When I booted up the notebook today, the BT was dead again with the same Code 43 status in the Device Manager Properties sheet. So I wonder what causes the BT to live for such a short time. Any ideaswhat I might try next time, Ishaan?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 971
Message 6 of 9

Hi
Could you try uninstalling the device from the device manager and then reeboot and then try reinstalling drivers once again. You can also try installing the drivers from the d drive.
If this also doesn't help, can you provide me the hardware id of your bluetooth? Go to device manager, right click the device, click properties, go to the last tab and choose hardware ids from the dropdown menu.
NWDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 959
Message 7 of 9

@ishaan wrote:
Hi
Could you try uninstalling the device from the device manager and then reeboot and then try reinstalling drivers once again. You can also try installing the drivers from the d drive.
If this also doesn't help, can you provide me the hardware id of your bluetooth? Go to device manager, right click the device, click properties, go to the last tab and choose hardware ids from the dropdown menu.

You know what? That BT just started working again at the next bootup without any change on my part. I wonder how that happened. Maybe some update was pushed through in background I did not know about. So it's working fine again. I just hope this not going to be repeating itself periodically like some yo-yo.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 952
Message 8 of 9

I also hope that doesn't occur anymore or at the least, not persistently. If you do face this again, try what i told about in my last post.
NWDude
Fanfold Paper
Views: 941
Message 9 of 9

Thanks again. I'' do what you suggested.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors