Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gnarsky
Paper Tape
Views: 370
Message 41 of 56

Re: New Z70 Keyboard issues

It was a new user ID at the time I made the first post in this thread.  When I came back to make a repsonse I was not allowed to  due to being "unverified" and got caught in a days long feedback loop of requesting a new email verification link over and over and never being sent one.   Eventually,  many many days later I tried one last time and I did get a login link and was able to verify and contribute, but I don't see why I would have had to re-verify what had already just been. 

Highlighted
Gnarsky
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 42 of 56

The real question people have in this thread isn't what happened or didn't happen to my Lenovo login ID.  It's why are these systems still being shipped out new,  factory direct, sold in the holiday rush through big box retailers when Lenovo is fully aware there is an unfixable manufacturer's defect in these earlier models??  Why is there no functional customer support?  It's like the problem is too big to "just fix" so we're going to bury our heads in the sand and do nothing since we've already harvested the cash.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 362
Message 43 of 56

Weird. There's no notes in your profile or the archive from any of the moderators, so it sounds more like you got caught in some glitch in the system that eventually worked itself out. Sorry about that!

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 359
Message 44 of 56

Gnarsky wrote:

The real question people have in this thread isn't what happened or didn't happen to my Lenovo login ID.  It's why are these systems still being shipped out new,  factory direct, sold in the holiday rush through big box retailers when Lenovo is fully aware there is an unfixable manufacturer's defect in these earlier models??  Why is there no functional customer support?  It's like the problem is too big to "just fix" so we're going to bury our heads in the sand and do nothing since we've already harvested the cash.

Since, as my sig line says, I don't work for Lenovo, you'll need to direct that ire and question elsewhere. I just moderate the forum.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Gnarsky
Paper Tape
Views: 349
Message 45 of 56

I apologize, thank you for your help...was just frustrated due to the lack of support.  I should probably step away from this mess since I am no longer a Lenovo owner. 

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 346
Message 46 of 56

No problem, I understand how frustrating it can get when things go wrong. Hope your next experience is better even if it's not a Lenovo product!

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

mitrevf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 325
Message 47 of 56

Jane, do You really volonteer to moderate this forum? If so, it is really nice from You, thank You.

Since you're a mod, can You ask ANY of the admins to post in this thread, as they promised? Just a reminder will do.

Also, a nice read for the scamed costumers in here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2443276/**bleep**-lenovo-protects-your-backdoor-security-wi...

Although I can't confirm or deny this article, it seems that Lenovo goes mistake after mistake. 

taniag
What's DOS?
Views: 249
Message 48 of 56

I'd like to add that I am having the same issues as many of the previous posters. I just purchased a brand new Z70 laptop and I am having issues with specifically the "o" button on my keyboard (as I typed the previous sentence I had to go back and hit the "o" extra hard twice). Is there a solution beyond getting an entirely new laptop? It would be frustrating as I just transferred all my files and documents onto this one.

Zus15
Paper Tape
Views: 247
Message 49 of 56

I hope they didn't sell you the one I returned! That also had a faulty 'o'. I can't express how much I hate this laptop. It does all sorts of weird, unpredictable things and, as we all know, the keyboard is terrible. If you have the option to exchange it for something else, I'd do it now before you get too drawn in.

taniag
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 50 of 56

Oh nooo! (Had to hit that "o" extra hard several times lol). I waited so long and spent so much on this laptop...is there really no solution???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors