Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kynisen
What's DOS?
Views: 624
Message 21 of 56

Re: New Z70 Keyboard issues

Did this work for you? Do you have ANY issues with the replacement keyboard? I was thinking about just replacing the keyboard with an identical model but your route makes more sense, as I assume most of this model will be alike.

edboc
What's DOS?
Views: 571
Message 22 of 56

I'm having the same issues with the keyboard. In the middle of typing, I get a busy spinning wheel randomly, and the computer doesn't pick up on keys pressed. Instead of replacing the keyboard, I got a Logitech Wireless keyboard K750.
natek0
Paper Tape
Views: 551
Message 23 of 56

Hi, 

Yes, this worked for me. I had seen some other people that had replaced the keyboard with the identical model continue to have the same problem, so I chose a different model number. So far, no problems, so I'm happy with the solution.

natek0
Paper Tape
Views: 548
Message 24 of 56

I read that others that got the exact same keyboard had the same problem. 

Zus15
Paper Tape
Views: 545
Message 25 of 56

I spent two hours on the phone with Lenovo support yesterday as I am having other issues as well as the keyboard. I've tried to live with the keyboard but now there are other issues (computer randomly crashes with no warning, plus has got realy slow) I wanted to find out i fthey would help. I was advised to either send it to them for 7-10 days to fix it (not an option for me because of my work) or pay $19 to upgrade my warranty, 30 days after which I can have a technician come to my house to have a look at it (hardware only). I am really unimpressed. For the money I spent on it I would expect it to be all bells and whistles. I had a five year old Dell that was much better than this. Never again.

tripplec
Bit Torrent
Views: 542
Message 26 of 56

The keyboard controller is built into the motherboard. If a replacement keyboard still acts up then the motherboard which is essentially a new computer since everything is on it. LOL

Touch would maybe I have a newer version but its been ok. Only the touchpad freezes now and then. Which makes no sense. Plugging in a USB mouse works while the touchpad and buttons don't. Maybe related to the keyboard as well.

As per a previous note. Yes, ThinkPad trademark is severely Tainted without a doubt. Also these other lines are questionable. Chinese company wants to put spyware into tech. I was big concern for routers, and telephony sold into North America. Allowing back doors into internet portals.

T520 Model 4239 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QMbr>; Nvidia NVS 4200M Win 10 64bit
Z70-80 I7 - 5500U 16GB GB - 1TB HD Win 10 64bit FHD 17.3", G840 w/2GB

Kynisen
What's DOS?
Views: 524
Message 27 of 56

Just thought I would post my experience here and what worked for me... I went ahead and bought a replacement keyboard, BUT! Not the same model number as the Z70... I purchased model number: Lenovo P/N: 25214725, while the original one is Lenovo P/N: 25214785. Just on Ebay. I just got it in today, replaced and so far it works PERFECTLY!!! This keyboard looks like a replica but its so much more precise and sensitive and I don't have any problems at all with it. Yes this voids a warranty but that doesn't matter much to me.

Gnarla
Paper Tape
Views: 470
Message 28 of 56

I have gotten a gift laptop for christmas this year, purchased in late 2015  this Lenovo Z70 has a horrible keyboard it misses keysrtokes and doubles others...I see on this conversation thread that its defective and that there is some kid of remedy for people in my situation - I have barely had this thing out of the box....I type all day and have never had a keyboard this horrible.  I have total and complete buyer's remorse at this point, I thought I just needed to get used to it, but it really is defective.  I have two.  The one my mother has is just as bad.  Can you please help me?  there is no functional way to type accurately on this thing.  It's not right.

lc94
Paper Tape
Views: 447
Message 29 of 56

It's absolutely appalling that it's been half a year with no updates whatsoever.

Why aren't the systems being recalled? I got my Z70 back a few days ago after sending it in to be repaired and they didn't fix it because it was a manufacturing defect.

After taking it further up the line I managed to get them to send it off again but I'm sure they will just send it back again and say it's fine because it can't be fixed without the whole system being replaced.

You clearly don't give a **bleep** about your customers from your disappearance from this thread, last Lenovo laptop I will buy and I will be recommending to NOT buy from you in the future.
mitrevf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 421
Message 30 of 56

I've tried to contact Amy and Mark (Lenovo support team froom this forum) who posted here and promised that will update the thread in previous posts, but with no luck. Both of them have not replied to my personal message. In their feed it can be seen that they replied to other threads though in the meantime(after I messaged them). 

This is beyond **bleep**ed up. 

I am not looking for them to come over to me and solve the porblem, but not answering is sooo  low. Especially because Mark_Lenovo  promised to update this a long time ago. 

We need to somehow get attention to this. I suggest Reddit post and upvoting it to the front maybe.

For the ones who got a replacement keyboard and it works fine; How to check the P/N?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors