Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zus15
Paper Tape
Views: 495
Message 51 of 56

Re: New Z70 Keyboard issues

I feel the same. I bought it last August, replaced it within one month because of the 'o', thought the replacement was a bit better but turns out it isn't. Sometimes it just shuts down in the middle of me working for absolutely NO REASON. I have now learned to save my work every five seconds. I am trying to live with it. It might be too late to change it now and I have way too much time invested into this laptop now. Some people have had success with using an external keyboard. You could try that. Although why you should spend extra money after forking out for a laptop is beyond me.

mitrevf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 52 of 56

Bump...

Anybody resolved the issue/got help from the support team?

lc94
Paper Tape
Views: 441
Message 53 of 56

If you're out of warranty then you're almost certainly out of luck, luckily I had the 2 year warranty from John Lewis, but oh boy was it a challenge.

First time I took it in: John Lewis sent it to their own repair team who said there was nothing wrong with it, got it back 2 weeks later and didn't find out they fixed nothing until I got home with it. 

Second time: Took it back the next day and told them to send it back, it isn't fixed. Showed the staff exactly what was wrong, they compared it to the display model and agreed there was an issue. They sent it to Lenovo directly to get repaired this time, again they sent it back 2 weeks later having done nothing to fix the issue.

Third time: Luckily I learnt from my mistake last time and checked the laptop as soon as I got it back from John Lewis, so I demanded to see a manager at this point. Again showed them what was wrong and staff agreed, they said they would send it back again with an explicit instruction to replace the keyboard.

4 weeks after that: Called them up as it has been over the 20 working days they said it should take, turns out the laptop is irrepearable (thanks for ringing and telling me? oh wait you didn't, I had to call). So they offer me a replacement, some crappy with half the specs which didn't even have a discrete GPU, I told them no and they offered me £499 cash. (Paid £629 but got £125 back from a VAT promotion so only really paid £500) which I said a very happy yes to, just wanted to be rid of the **bleep** machine and have a working laptop after 2 months of them messing me around.

I was told first I would be refunded the full £629 amount then they would put a charge for £129 on my card so I got the £500 only, not had the charge yet and don't plan to answer any more of their calls or deal with them ever again.

In short, don't ever buy from John Lewis or Lenovo. They will sell you a shoddy broken Laptop, refuse to acknowledge the problem (this should have been a product recall for gods sake) and just mess you around in general. I have learnt my lesson, terrible customer service and terrible laptop quality. At least I made a profit. 

deodekabokat
Paper Tape
Views: 400
Message 54 of 56

It's nearly imposible I have thay same issue witch "o" to. I need to stroke the o key precisely into the center and I need to use more than click force to get o letter. I noticed sometimes duble letters apeared in one stroke in other buttons. I bougt my computer on the end of 2015. Do you think that it's should be fixed under varranty?

mitrevf
Fanfold Paper
Views: 383
Message 55 of 56

Of course it should, but hey, this is lenovo they even ship laptops with preinstalled software as "man in the middle" attack. Welcome to this worldwhere nothing works. Maybe get an external keyboard and dont buy on the intenet with credit cards if you didnt remove superfish (if your laptop came without OS, you should be fine).

VinnieTheBlade
What's DOS?
Views: 295
Message 56 of 56

Hi! It seems like you're phasing out this model, but I have one you could use as a sample if you want. I had to laugh when I read these posts because they all sounded like me when I thought I was cursed with the only one. Compared to other brands of this spec, the keyboard really is a p.o.s. When I was bitching to my friends, I said "A better keyboard would have cost them $3. Hell, mark it up to $10." Like other users, with the exception of the crap keyboard, it is the perfect spec for programmers, power users, etc. so I am really sad it sucks. The reason mine might be a good sample is that the issue is crazy evident with one key, the P key. I literally have to go back through everything I type and relace the missing P's. I left it out of the word "replace" as an examle of what happens. Annoying, right? I type for a living, so like a lot of the complaints, this is getting expensive. I did not have an option of a return because BestBuy discontinued the product right after I got mine. I was waiting until I was in between gigs to warranty it, but it sounds like this is systemic and I won't be any better off. lus, it's driving me nuts. What do you think? Do you want to work with me on this? Cheers! -Vince

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors