Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Weliz
Paper Tape
Views: 162
Message 1 of 5

New hdd in my z50-75

Hey,

ive bought a new hdd for in my laptop, and i want to do a clean install of the win 8.1 on it, since copying my old hdd doesnt work. what should i do?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 154
Message 2 of 5

Re: New hdd in my z50-75

@Weliz wrote:

Hey,

ive bought a new hdd for in my laptop, and i want to do a clean install of the win 8.1 on it, since copying my old hdd doesnt work. what should i do?

You try searching and downloading MIcrosoft Media creation tool for Win 8.1. Using it you download a copy of Win 8.1 64 bit (not the PRO version) and burn to usb or dvd. Boot through the usb or dvd to install Win 8.1. The product key is in the bios and should be detected automatically during installation.

Weliz
Paper Tape
Views: 134
Message 3 of 5

LenBlazer thx for your reply.
i installed it, but now the probem is that my sound card (conexant smart audio HD) doesnt play the bass frequencys when i plug my boxes in. I had the same problem when i tried a clean install of windows 10.
Yet all drivers are up to date

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 129
Message 4 of 5

@Weliz wrote:

LenBlazer thx for your reply.
i installed it, but now the probem is that my sound card (conexant smart audio HD) doesnt play the bass frequencys when i plug my boxes in. I had the same problem when i tried a clean install of windows 10.
Yet all drivers are up to date

Since it is a clean install you need to install the drivers specific to your unit. Start with the chipset driver then IMEI if there is one, etc. Usually, you can download these drivers from Lenovo's site or if the old hdd is still accessible, you can find them in the driver folder.

Weliz
Paper Tape
Views: 124
Message 5 of 5

This worked, Thank you for the help

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors