Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ahassouna
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,176
Message 61 of 81

Re: New video driver available from ATI for RADEON HD 5730...but no for LENOVO why????

no i don't have switchable graphics, am going to buy today the y560 core i7 with only one graphic card (ati 5730) so need to be sure about drivers if it fixed the catalyst/graphic driver and if new bios aswell fixed the widespread screen/large mouse/ants problem.
pepemosca
Token Ring
Views: 2,165
Message 62 of 81

Re: New video driver available from ATI for RADEON HD 5730...but no for LENOVO why????

ahassouna, the BIOS .59 and the ATI 10.8: doesn't fix anything.

Do as you wish.

Sorry Lenovo for the bad publicity... but you made it by yourself.
Views: 2,157
Message 63 of 81

If you get the one with a single GPU then you should be able to download latest drivers from ATI without any problems I think. It is a great system. Don't let this issue change your mind. The Y560 only has about 3 months on the market. It WILL get better Smiley Happy

Johnny_Y560
Punch Card
Views: 2,044
Message 64 of 81

Just wanted to give a quick update and some reassurance for those who feel a little uneasy about the update:

I downloaded the driver update (the one yigit posted a direct link to on page 4) and everythings working perfectly.  I did the express download and got rid of the old files too (this sounds complicated, but the installer will walk you through all of that).  Initially you'll get a tiny 800x600 screen, but after a restart you should be good.  Also, the big mouse problem I had since I've had the laptop hasn't happened since I updated the drivers (about 2-3 days), so I think that problem is fixed.  Some also reported a faulty CCC (Catalyst Control Center), but mine is working perfectly.  

Here are my stats:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y560

8GB Ram

ATI 5730

Intel i7

Hope this helps those that are unsure about the whole thing, or are just lost by all the differing opinions. 

xdrqgol
Paper Tape
Views: 1,552
Message 65 of 81

any new update from Lenovo on ATI video card? still there are a lot of video drivers that appeard in the past weekes... and nothing here...

any news?

cheers

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,534
Message 66 of 81

check download page if there's available new driver.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
xdrqgol
Paper Tape
Views: 1,528
Message 67 of 81

Mate..Smiley Happy ..thanks....

But i have asked here, becuse in the download area is nothing new...

I was thinking maybe you know somthingSmiley Happy

thank you anyway.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,520
Message 68 of 81

sorry, don't have any clue.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
leshcat
Token Ring
Views: 1,501
Message 69 of 81

i dont understand, why lenovo is postponing driver update, as many users have display flickering only on ATI card (on Intel HD Graphics everything is fine), means something wrong with Lenovo's driver and it must be fixed. I cant update with ATI's one, as i have switchable graphics and i dont wanna turn off the Intel Graphics ( lots of travel ).  Lenovo, people require support.

Larymacg
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,482
Message 70 of 81

Updated New Ati driver through Lenovo website support/download - one little problem

Hello - I recently purchased a Lenovo Y560 i7 Ati 5730 laptop and updated the bios/latest graphics driver through the Lenovo download/support area.  Everything ok except for one little thing - when I type dxdiag - my computer is showing ddi 10.1 not 11 meaning that the hardware driver only supports up to direct X10 not 11.  Anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors