cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angelo22
Punch Card
Views: 1,524
Message 21 of 81

Re: New video driver available from ATI for RADEON HD 5730...but no for LENOVO why????

Ok. I'll just wait patiently for the official drivers to be available. Hope it doesn't take them more than a few weeks from now :/
Ahgama
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,517
Message 22 of 81

Re: New video driver available from ATI for RADEON HD 5730...but no for LENOVO why????

I too am waiting for Lenovo to put out a real 10.8 driver update.  The ATI website links that Yigit posted previously WILL cause your Y560 to crash and  burn.  

DO NOT INSTALL THOSE MOBILITY 10.8 DRIVERS FROM THE ATI SITE.

The installation will seem to go fine until your computer restarts at which point it will completely fail to detect your graphics card and then refuse to boot windows.  I performed a system restore and thankfully that worked but it scared the crap out of me.  

I'm anxiously waiting to play Final Fantasy XIV.  They do have Open Beta access now, however, it seems that their client requires ATI driver 10.7+ to even function.  When the game goes retail in a few weeks and my Pre-order arrives, it would be pretty tragic if the only thing stopping me from playing FF14 is Lenovo not having released a proper driver update.  

I haven't tried the manual driver update method but I might try that soon... 

Angelo22
Punch Card
Views: 1,491
Message 23 of 81

The same thing happened to me. Had to restore my system to a couple of hours before. I bought my system only 2 days ago with very high anticipations. So far, this issue will lower my personal user rating to a 7.5. If I were you, stay away from manual installations. Something happens and they might have the courage to void your warranty for something like this. Good luck with your game Smiley Happy

xdrqgol
Paper Tape
Views: 1,464
Message 24 of 81

we will wait for another 2 months... oh god why are they keeping us like this...

simple driver ...Smiley Sad

Angelo22
Punch Card
Views: 1,461
Message 25 of 81

2 months? where did you get that information from?

EDIT:

Nvm. I know exactly what you're talking about. This has been known since the Y560 came out in June. Nearly 3 months and stil no fix. I wont lose hope and I'll give them some time to fix this.

olliu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,460
Message 26 of 81

NEW driver update for Y560 - ERROR

At last:

A NEW DRIVER

I tried it with my Y560 with switchable graphics card and now after deinstalling the first and installing the new one. I get a manifest error or something.

- CAN'T start Control Center

- CAN'T switch graphics cards and can't go into the menu to switch them

What's happening here ?

Tried to deinstall the new one and blue screen. Restart functions but the problems are still there.

ANY HELP?

olliu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,453
Message 27 of 81

Re: NEW driver update for Y560 - ERROR

Windows 7 64bit
olliu
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,448
Message 28 of 81

Damnit, Now I'm stuck.

Can't deinstall (even with the old installer) the new driver and software, BLUE Screen.

Wanted to try to install the old one and over it the new one.

Please help
Holdo
Punch Card
Views: 1,672
Message 29 of 81

Same problem here. I have switchable graphic card version. Installed new drivers from Lenovo and BANG! Bluescreen... Reset... Bluescreen... Safe mode... Bluescreen... Last known good configuration... Bluescreen... Windows repair turned my system back few days and now I have default drivers installed and everything works once again... That Lenovo new AMD graphics driver doesn't work...

Windows 64bit

Angelo22
Punch Card
Views: 1,669
Message 30 of 81

Are you kidding me?? I got all exited for nothing! Smiley Sad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors