Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,477
Message 1 of 558

New y510p sli card not detected

Hey Guys,  I am lost. I got my new GT750m5, removed the DVD, added the new card and nothing. I tried reinstalling the Nvidia drivers and nothing. IT doesn't even show up in the device manager. I even have the new 170w power adapter plugged in and the power management set to performance. Any ideas?

I also tried uninstalling the Intel display driver, then the Nvidia display driver and then I tried just installing the Nvidia driver (both the provided lenovo Nvidia driver and the newest 331.65). I keep getting errors about needing an intel driver installed first.

Suggestions?

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,436
Message 2 of 558

Re: New y510p sli card not detected

Spazmic
Punch Card
Views: 9,431
Message 3 of 558

I have the EXACT same problem with windows 8!

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,427
Message 4 of 558

Yep, win 8 as well. Didn't want to upgrade to 8.1 yet.

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,377
Message 5 of 558

Nobody has any ideas? I have tried every possible solution I can find on the net and it does not show up. There is no SLI options in the Nvidia control panel and GPUz does not show it as being there. 

Spazmic
Punch Card
Views: 9,370
Message 6 of 558

This is really frustrating! I talked to nvidia reps AND lenovo reps. 

nvidia says that it's a bios problem with Lenovo. Actually we should see a second graphic card option in the bios, which i didnt see.

Lenovo says that it's a defective item and I should ask replacement... lol...

please someone help!

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,365
Message 7 of 558

How did you get in touch with lenovo support? Did you call them?

Spazmic
Punch Card
Views: 9,354
Message 8 of 558

Yes i called them. 2 times...

it looks like the formation they received make them unable to help us... One of them asked me what was an ultrabay...

I am making a onekeyrecovery backup as we are speaking now and will be updating to windows 8.1 and trying the bios update this afternoon. Hope this will work...

I am mad at lenovo because i bought everything from them and should work plug n play (this is how they advertised it) and they cant give a good support for this situation.

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,350
Message 9 of 558

Yep, I just spent 45 mins on the phone with support. She didn't know what a Nvidia card was but she walked me through all the support steps and still nothing. She suggested either bringing my laptop to service center for them to do the same things or return the card.

Side note: I ran furmark and I am getting weird results, can somebody tell me what furmark shows for the GPUs, speeds and temps when running a SLI setup? Does it show both cards and there speeds/temps? Or does it just list 2 cards and one set of temps/speeds/etc. Mine actually shows two cards but only one reports and speeds or temps. 

Varroa
802.11n
Views: 9,347
Message 10 of 558

@Spaxmic

I was wondering if the new cards come with the update bios for Win 8.1 and it is not compatible with my stock card that still has the Win 8 bios. Let me know if upgrading to Win 8.1 helps.

Top Kudoed Authors