Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 1,468
Message 11 of 41

Y560 non stop issues

I recently purchased an IDEAPAD Y560 (as per my other threads) and expected the E-SATA to be bootable, Lenovo told me no not bootable. So I Purchased an Ultrabay which fits and works with my Notebook and well once again UltraBay Port (Optical Drive Bay / Sata port not bootable when non Optical is present).

So yesterday, I decided to reformat my computer and was trying to install the drivers when i relised that the speakers where not working at all and the speaker port had a red light turned on. I tried another reformat and a linux live boot disk and windows live cd also did the same.

Today, I was working on the laptop and trying to fix the sound issue when my wireless disconnects and then the wireless now is not working at all.

This laptop is just over 3 months old and yet so far it is a lemon.

In Summary,

* Does not Boot from E-SATA

* Does not Boot from an Ultrabay

* Does not Play Sound from Laptop Speakers

* Wireless does not work

* Lenovo Support Doesnt Care

* Lenovo Technical Support (Talked to Eileen @ Lenovo Technical Support Australia, Fobbed me off to Customer Care Mohd Faeiz)

* Lenovo Customer Care Mohd Faeiz seems a bit better Eileen but is still rubbish customer service.

* Lenovo is breaking Australian Consumer Law cause it is not fit for purpose and well i have no use for it if i can not get a refund i will ensure the Lenovo brand is seen as a rubbish product by taking a full page ADVERTISMENT in the Sydney Morning Herald detailing my issues NEWSPAPER. That means a population of 5million in sydney australia will see what a rubbish brand Lenovo is.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,466
Message 12 of 41

Re: Y560 non stop issues

how did you install windows? by pressing one key recover button or with the dvd microsoft provided?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 1,464
Message 13 of 41

The same since i bought it. I dont believe in recovery partitions. I do a install of my own ultimate windows 7 version SP1 which also has the drivers integrated and has worked 2 time before on this particular machine and now no more wireless as well!! :-(

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,461
Message 14 of 41

have you checked safe mode? which version of driver you installed for audio, by the way?

n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 1,457
Message 15 of 41

The one that comes with windows... Intel HD Audio Driver.

This install worked before i formatted. (I formatted as i had a heap of files which were getting to hard to manage, so i placed them on a external and used my install (which worked perfectly previously) and remeber the same happens in a linux live CD. It is not a WINDOWS/Driver Issue. It is to do with the laptop / connection (not that i have a optical out sound device)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,454
Message 16 of 41

you may need to re/install sound drivers to fix "red light" issue.
download drivers from y560 download page, then try again.

n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 1,450
Message 17 of 41

But how does that explain same problem in LINUX??

n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 1,449
Message 18 of 41

How about the wireless issue...

it is shown as okay in device manager. yet cant get any network yet my toshiba can!

dominator0222
Paper Tape
Views: 1,447
Message 19 of 41

I completly gree with this guy, Lenovo hands down offers the worst customer support in my opinion. Im not saying this to "get back" on Lenovo but they are just so oblivious to what the customer wants or expects. The representatives thinks youre some complete newbie and tells you the most obvious answers. Lenovo just sucks now... I suggest you return that bad boy asap.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,441
Message 20 of 41

I tell you, it's the ACPI! Install Lenovo Energy Management, set the power mode to high performance.

When you reformatted, you must've been in Super Power Saver. It disables the wifi, sound, and a few other components. This talks direct to the BIOS. Only way to reset is to boot up the lenovo energy management util and set to High Performance.

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors