Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 582
Message 31 of 41

Re: Y560 non stop issues

as you know, y560 doesn't support e-sata boot.

do you have any issue right now? audio & wireless issues are solved, i think...

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 577
Message 32 of 41

Spoiler
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/untilun·til  [uhn-til] Show IPA –conjunction 1. up to the time that or when; till: He read until his guests arrived. 2. before (usually used in negative constructions): They did not come until the meeting was half over. –preposition 3. onward to or till (a specified time or occurrence): She worked until 6 p.m. 4. before (usually used in negative constructions): He did not go until night.

Seriously, Lenovo ive had enough.. Who wants a free I7 laptop, send me a private message as i have no use for it, sound is ruined due to the red LED being on sound port. So yer. Free Laptop

spoiler added. 

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 573
Message 33 of 41

i suggest you to call lenovo support line and ship your laptop back to service.

n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 570
Message 34 of 41

Like i said to others. If i ship it it will not be accepted back until E-SATA boot is working. otherwise a full refund. This is not negotiable!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 567
Message 35 of 41

please, check your pm.

Former Administrator
Views: 555
Message 36 of 41

n2p4u,

Ok - at this point, I don't think we can provide further help to you via the forum.    Let's  pursue a resolution outside of continuing to talk about your problems here.

As a clarification for others, if you wipe out a functioning preload that had audio working in favor of loading your own OS and installing drivers yourself, you assume the support responsibility.   If you are on a time critical schedule, you may need to return to the factory working state.  Technical support or the forum may be able to help with debugging, but prior to replacing hardware, we may need to return to a previously known, working software configuration.

On the matter of e-sata boot.   Full refunds may be available without restocking fees if Lenovo misrepresented the product by specifically advertising it with a feature that it turns out not to have.    However, if the product just turns out not to have a feature you thought it did, or thought it should, then It is not an inherent warranty defect, although it may be a limitation.

Best regards,

Mark

n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 556
Message 37 of 41

Consistant tapping sound from notebook

Well as you have may read before i am having horrendously rediculous amount of issues with my Y560. First it wasnt E-SATA bootable and now is, however im having 2 problems with sound.

The First issue is that the OPTICAL RED LIGHT IS ON and the system will not turn it off no matter what Operating System / Drivers / Software i use to turn it off, also it doesnt produce any sound through the internal speakers.

The Second Issue is that there is an consistant tap tap tap......tap tap tap tap sound coming from near the power button which is getting really annoying.

Lenovo have ignored these issues and are offered to pickup my laptop, and repair it, DHL called me to pickup my notebook, and they never came. Lenovo probably cancelled them as i wasnt a valuable customer. So here i am almost a week and a half wasted waiting for them to fix my notebook/offer my replacement or refund and am still sitting on my ass, wasting my days. I have a new job and cant start till i have a full working notebook, which i know im not going to have it still if this drags out any longer.

So i would like to thank lenovo for their awesome and excellent customer service, in ensuring that all customers laptop get repaired as fast as possible. This is obvious from the length of time that they have so much work to do to ensure their laptops are actually working properly instead of putting out a fully featured item and supporting it properly.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 528
Message 38 of 41

Re: Consistant tapping sound from notebook

Don't blame Lenovo, DHL is an awful delivery service.

They do sometimes use UPS. If you ask, I believe they will send you a waybill via e-mail that you can print. Then you can call UPS and schedule a pickup. It works quite well.

Have you called DHL back?

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
n2p4u
Punch Card
Views: 517
Message 39 of 41

still waiting for a fix or even an acknoledgement of my issues!

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 501
Message 40 of 41

it's better to ship it lenovo support line.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors