Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amasxs
Paper Tape
Views: 192
Message 1 of 3

No Audio Output Device is Installed

I've run into a problem today where my computer is unable to play any audio. Opening the device manager, there are three devices with yellow exclamation marks, but I have been unable to get these to go away. I have tried to disable and enable them as well as uninstall them and restart the computer, but nothing has changed.

Capture.JPG

Going to the properties for each driver gives this message:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad File}
The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read."

This problem is especially strange because until now, a Realtek driver would appear here, but for soome reason it is missing. Additionally, any attempts to reinstall the driver using the download from my laptop's page have been unsuccessful. The installation process itself goes fine, but after restarting the device when prompted by the installer, there is no change. For some reason, it seems like Windows just isn't recognizing the audio hardware, but if this is the case I am at a loss for why, as I have made no major changes to the computer since yesterday, when the audio still worked perfect.

I am using an IdeaPad Y500 running Windows 10. I have looked for a while for different solutions, but none seem to be helping. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 175
Message 2 of 3

Re: No Audio Output Device is Installed

Force  a complete shutdown.  Press and hold the shift key when shutting down.  Then, to be sure, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.  Then try restarting.

Rich

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
amasxs
Paper Tape
Views: 151
Message 3 of 3

Re: No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hey richk,

I really appreciate the response. Unfortunately, trying this didn't seem to affect the problem. Just to clarify, is there anything else that should be done along with the complete shutdown? For example, should I try to uninstall the devices and then do a complete shutdown or anything like that? Once again any help is appreciated!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors