it's a nice Notebook

but without this Feature it will go back to dealer

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,536
Message 2 of 8

Re: No VT-x with Ideapad Y500.

Hello and welcome,

You see the virtualization option in BIOS and enable it?  When you go back to BIOS does it show as enabled or disabled?

Are you doing a full power cycle after enabling in BIOS and saving the new configuration?

Many BIOSen don't indicate VT status to the OS correctly until they have been shut down fully and powered back on again.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Cablecat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,530
Message 3 of 8

Hello,

i have checkt it currently

Virtualization in bios is enable

I have done a full shutdown of win8

After restarting VT-x is still not active (check by Virtualbox and HWINFO)

any other ideas? i hope

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,526
Message 4 of 8

Just to make sure: I'm talking about a full power-off shutdown, not a windows 8 "shutdown" which is more of a hibernation.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Cablecat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,520
Message 5 of 8

Yes, I know

With cmd
"shutdown.exe /s /t 0"

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,518
Message 6 of 8

I was just about to post that command line...  (I've seen "/full" added, whatever that might accomplish)

Sorry, I guess my "fix" isn't the right one Smiley Sad

Z.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,512
Message 7 of 8

I see some chatter on the web that VT is not correctly detected in Win 8 if Hyper-V is enabled (in turn  windows features on and off).

I'm just tossing "stuff" at the wall here...

Z.

Cablecat
Paper Tape
Views: 2,490
Message 8 of 8

Great!

Hyper-v was the fault.

So stupid it's sounds Hyper-v seems to block this function for other Tools

Thank you zoltanthegypsy

With Hyper-v installed

vtx_with_hyper-v

Without Hyper-v