Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldg07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,581
Message 1 of 11

No warranty status information

Hi,

I've tried to check the warranty status for my Y550 using "Warranty status lookup" but I've got screen where all fields except Serial Number (Machine Information, Receipt/Invoice Date, Expiration Date) are empty .

Do I need to register my notebook somehow to see correct information?

Can anybody advise?

Thanks.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,538
Message 2 of 11

Re: No warranty status information

Automatically detect this system's product number (machine type / model)

Note: It may take some time to gather this system's details. No personal information will be collected and the system information gathered will not be saved. This feature will only work with Microsoft Windows 98SE, Me, 2000, and XP. If you use Microsoft Windows XP, you may need to reboot the first time you use this feature. This function only works with the Internet Explorer browser.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-49QTT6#Detailsinfo

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ldg07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,531
Message 3 of 11

Thanks yigit,

But I know notebook's product(serial) number (anyway I have Vista(supposed to be win7 ) so automatic detection does not work) and it's correct number because when I called Lenovo a couple weeks ago, they found the invoice information using this serial.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,521
Message 4 of 11

using automatically detect via internet explorer may help you.

any sticker on the bottom side of laptop?

ldg07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,509
Message 5 of 11

I've tried automatic detection but it did not work (most likely because it works just for XP&below). Serial number I've used is from sticker on the botom of notebook . It's 10 characters serial number and the same as on invoice.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,495
Message 6 of 11

i wasn't sure it was gonna work for windows 7 or vista.

use your 10 characters serial number

and you can try this.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=ERTS-0974

ldg07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,477
Message 7 of 11

Looks like It does not accept 10-characters number. Thanks anyway.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,471
Message 8 of 11

I'm wandering into this thread, but this link works for my Y550P and 10-digit  # CBU1*****6 4-digit type 3241, and model 56U.

Warranty Lookup

Of course, the information is wrong because support entered the wrong purchase date, and the 3-year extended warranty isn't show.  That's a different deal...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

ldg07
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,424
Message 9 of 11

zottanthegypsy, did you do the warranty registration first?

I've called Lenovo support and I was said that I need to do 'warranty registration" before I can see correct warranty status. It's a little bit strange because Waranty Registartion page says
"The base warranty registration is applicable for machines purchased in the following countries/regions:
Australia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Macau, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
"

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,408
Message 10 of 11

@ldg07 wrote:

zottanthegypsy, did you do the warranty registration first?

I did register first, but I did it by calling support.  I had a question about restore media and when I called they wanted to register the machine.  They did that, but screwed up the start of warranty date Smiley Sad  I'm still trying to sort that out.

I see that strange country list on the "english" registration page.  I guess Australia is English-speaking - sort of Smiley Happy

Maybe just ask support to register the thing for you?  Odd that they haven't offered to do that.

I'm finding that IdeaPad support is basically clueless.  I hate to say that.  ThinkPad support has been excellent in my experience.

Sorry I can't be of more help,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors