cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brian1208
Fanfold Paper
Views: 307
Message 1 of 2

Not possible to use the Nvidia GPU as the primary graphics source all the time?

I've been through the manual and the Lenovo help boards and it appears that it is not possible to make use of the NVIDIA GeForce 840M, 2GB as the exclusive GPU.

The only control I can find is one in the 3D graphics panel and if I read this correctly it sets it so that the Nvidia will be used when high demand processes require it (I'm guessing games play?) but for activities such as photo-editing it reverts to the on-bard intel chip

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 288
Message 2 of 2

Re: Not possible to use the Nvidia GPU as the primary graphics source all the time?

@brian1208 wrote:

I've been through the manual and the Lenovo help boards and it appears that it is not possible to make use of the NVIDIA GeForce 840M, 2GB as the exclusive GPU.

The only control I can find is one in the 3D graphics panel and if I read this correctly it sets it so that the Nvidia will be used when high demand processes require it (I'm guessing games play?) but for activities such as photo-editing it reverts to the on-bard intel chip

To force an application to use your NVIDIA graphics, right-click its shortcut (or .exe file), point to Run with graphics processor, and select the High-performance NVIDIA processor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors