Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
etaima
What's DOS?
Views: 2,754
Message 1 of 5

Nvidia GeForce GT 755M disabled on my Y410p

I've noticed that in the games I've been playing, most notably Guld Wars 2, the games always reccomend that I run everything in the lowest graphic setting. I recently updated to Windows 10, but I was having this issue before that as well. In my device manager, it says that" Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" for my Nvidia GeForce GT 755M. I've tried updating the driver, updating the Intel graphics driver, rolling back the same Intel driver, and uninstalling and reinstalling the GeForce. I can't update the BiOS because I'm running Windows 10 and can't roll back at this point. What should I do?

Guru
Views: 2,736
Message 2 of 5

Re: Nvidia GeForce GT 755M disabled on my Y410p

Download and Run the Quick tests from this link -

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/lenovodiagnosticsolutions/downloads

and let us know what are the results. Thanks.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
etaima
What's DOS?
Views: 2,727
Message 3 of 5

I ran a hardware scan and it came up with the code WVC000000-DK7D2F. It says there's nothing wrong but instead of a green check I get a gray "not allowed" sign. I think the GeForce itself is physically fine, but there's something disabling it. Thanks.

Guru
Views: 2,720
Message 4 of 5

I think a suitable course of action in this scenario would be to reset your laptop to fatory settings and check what is the device status (without updating anything)

To reset to factory setting, shutdown the laptop and press the NOVO button.

Choose System Recovery

Then choose Reset your PC

If you have some important photos, videos on the system, make sure you make a backup on external drive.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
mussdroid
Paper Tape
Views: 2,711
Message 5 of 5

Hi , 

I see that Lenovo has not released Windows 10 Drivers for y410p machine and you have upgraded to Windows 10. I think you have downloaded the driver from nvidia website which is not optimized by Lenovo yet. I suggest return back to original windows. 

Before returning please try this driver Windows 10  64 bit machine. 

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/87791/en-us 

Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors