Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcome to the Lenovo Community

Welcome to the Forums!

Welcome to Lenovo's Peer-to-Peer Discussion Community!
Please note our guidelines. How to register and login and Community FAQs.
Shape the Future of PCs

Help Lenovo Shape the Future of PCs

Take the ownership survey. Share your ideas with our product team
Community Spotlight

Visit the Lenovo Blogs!

Check out the ThinkPad Time Machine
Visit the Community Spotlight Blog
Windows  10

Are you ready for Windows 10?

Get to know Windows 10
Visit the Windows 10 Support Center
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

One Key Recovery Question

I am the new kid on the block and I am trying to create my recovery disks. Where it say select source I am picking the default path and I get message "There is no image on the selected path, Please select another image" When I choose select another image it brings up a screen to open a file and I don't know what to choose?? What is the correct procedure to create my recovery disks???????? Help the new kid!!!!! 
Retired Guru
0 Kudos

Re: One Key Recovery Question

[ Edited ]

After starting Windows Vista for the first time, you are supposed to create the initial image backup. I don't know if this is referenced in any of the manuals.

Therefore, within Windows....

1) run OneKey Recovery program.

2) select create backup

3) you may add a title description, but leave the default location.

3) you may select maximum compression if you like [may be less CD or DVD compared to no compression]

4) once finished, run the program again

5) then select create recovery disks

NOTE: You can do this after you have uninstalled all the bloatware, and installed your favorite programs. Thus giving you a customized recovery disk. And remember, you will still have the recovery partition as long as you don't repartition the hard drive.

Message Edited by ortegaluis on 02-22-2009 01:40 PM

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

I will do a complete backup as you suggest in your procedure and then create my recovery disks. You suggest that I create the recovery disk AFTER I get rid of the bloatware. I guess bloatware is the software they dump on your system that you are never going to use. Is there an easy way to identify and get rid of the bloat??? I real appreciate the help.

the new kid on the block.......... 

Retired Guru
0 Kudos

How about posting a picture or a list of all the software installed. I will let you know which can be uninstalled safely.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Fanfold Paper
0 Kudos

Bit the bullet and have decided to keep my bloatware. I kind of figured that maybe I might change my mind in the future. As you suggested I took a full back up to both my hard drive and DVD's. I immediately followed with the creation of the recovery disk and all went very well.

Thanks for the help!!!

Highlighted
Paper Tape
0 Kudos

even i have messed up my y510 notebook ,, these lenovo customer reps are stupid indeed they misinform the customers , now whenever i press the novo key , it normally boot up the windows , somebody gotta help me , i need my one key recovery back since lenovo ODD stop working after every couple of months , i want back up on my hardrive.