Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rivkint
Paper Tape
Views: 740
Message 1 of 3

One Key Recovery Worked But System Keeps Crashing

Hi everyone.  I have two Lenovo Ideapad Y530's.  I am having trouble, yet again, with one of them that I have already had to use the One Key Recovery on twice before to restore to factory defaults.  It seems that my Vista OS just gets corrupted somehow every so often.

Anyway, I have recovered the system to factory defaults using One Key Recovery at least 4-5 times but it keeps blue screening.  The One Key Recovery goes on without a hitch, Windows starts up and lets me create a new account and I get logged in, then as I'm trying to do stuff I get a pop up window that says "SYSCMU has stopped working", then another one that says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and then it crashes and blue screens.

One thing that I'm wondering is, the disks that I am using were sent to me when I was having problems with my other system and had to recover that one.  At the time, Lenovo customer service told me I could use these recovery disks with either one of my systems but now I'm wondering if the recovery disks they send you (and WHY don't they ships these things with your system in the first place?  I had to call and have them sent to me!) are tied to a specific system.

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I don't want to have to call support unless absolutely necessary.

wally911m
Fanfold Paper
Views: 720
Message 2 of 3

Re: One Key Recovery Worked But System Keeps Crashing

Based on what i understand is that the data on the recovery partition is corrupted already. that's why even when you do the recovery, errors are still there.

the best thing you can do is bring it to the service center.. they can load it with a new recovery partition.

rivkint
Paper Tape
Views: 709
Message 3 of 3

Re: One Key Recovery Worked But System Keeps Crashing

Thanks for the reply.  Guess I'll have to place a service call and send it in :-(

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors