Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rihards
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,416
Message 1 of 6

One Key Recovery ideapad y510p Can't create Backup

Hi,

I bought a y510p preinstalled with Win 8.1. All I did was I swtiched from HDD to SSD using Samsung tool (that migrates one-to-one to SSD).

Now when I want to use OKR it says that it cannot create backup.

In fact, I wasn't able to do it also before migration

There was a major win8 upgrade right after I purchased the PC - could that lead to OKR disfunction?

Anyways - I have purchased the laptop with OS and now I can't use the purchased function. This is sort of disappointing.

Any suggestions?

Moderator Note; subject edited.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,371
Message 2 of 6

Re: One Key Recovery ideapad y510p Can't create Backup

@Rihards wrote:

Hi,

I bought a y510p preinstalled with Win 8.1. All I did was I swtiched from HDD to SSD using Samsung tool (that migrates one-to-one to SSD).

Now when I want to use OKR it says that it cannot create backup.

In fact, I wasn't able to do it also before migration

There was a major win8 upgrade right after I purchased the PC - could that lead to OKR disfunction?

Anyways - I have purchased the laptop with OS and now I can't use the purchased function. This is sort of disappointing.

Any suggestions?

Moderator Note; subject edited.

AFAIK the use of a migration tool or cloning will only transfer/copy the os to the new disk. So this does not include the okr program.

If you did not erase or wipe the orignal hdd you can still make a backup of the factory os or make a okr usb flash drive so that you will be able to use your new ssd with okr functioning.

Rihards
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,313
Message 3 of 6

Hi, This answer is useless.

I have bought lenovo laptop with OS and all tools installed and cannot use the preinstalled OKR (if you read my post it said that it didn't work before migrating to SSD).

Where do I go from here? Are you trying to be as bad as Dell in supporting your products?

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,303
Message 4 of 6

@Rihards wrote:

Hi, This answer is useless.

I have bought lenovo laptop with OS and all tools installed and cannot use the preinstalled OKR (if you read my post it said that it didn't work before migrating to SSD).

Where do I go from here? Are you trying to be as bad as Dell in supporting your products?

I'm merely making a comment on the use of the cloning program and not on your question regarding the non-operation of okr due to the alleged major windows update.

The decision whether to retain or return the unit is solely yours.

Rihards
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,284
Message 5 of 6

OK, sorry for the tone.

So you're saying that due win8 upgrade lenovo tool became useless?

only thing I can do is to uninstall?

sad to know.

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,271
Message 6 of 6

@Rihards wrote:

OK, sorry for the tone.

So you're saying that due win8 upgrade lenovo tool became useless?

only thing I can do is to uninstall?

sad to know.

My statement is only on the cloning topic and the possible recovery to factory default. Nothing more. Again let me reiterate, the decision is yours on whatever you want to do with your unit.

Not making the statement "So you're saying that due win8 upgrade lenovo tool became useless? only thing I can do is to uninstall?" Try to review previous messages to clarify what has been stated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors