Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Savvy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,194
Message 1 of 8

One key theatre app not working in windows 8.1

I have upgraded to windows 8.1 recently. But after installing the realtek audio driver for windows 8.1 from lenovo official site, One key theatrer app is not working (Dolby home theatre v4). What to do ??? My laptop is Lenovo Z500 59 380480.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,173
Message 2 of 8

Re: One key theatre app not working in windows 8.1

hi Savvy,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Can you try the solution that was suggested on this thread (this is for the Z710, which is similar to the Z500)

The solution was to manually install the Dolby Home Theater v4 under the C:\Drivers folder after installing the audio driver.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Savvy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,160
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for your reply. When i tried to install 'DolbyAdvancedAudio' & 'DolbyHomeTheatre', following message pop up :

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) converted to link(s) About Posting Pictures In The Forums

Savvy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,152
Message 4 of 8

Also when i checked device manager, it only showed High definition audio device, no mention of Realtek. 

Screenshot.1.jpg

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 2,119
Message 5 of 8

hi Savvy,

Can you try the following:

1. Press the Windows key‌ Windows logo key+R, type appwiz.cpl.msc and press Enter. On the list of installed programs, remove anything that relates to Realtek Audio Driver and Dolby (reboot if necessary).

2. Delete the C:\Drivers folder Install this audio driver (windows 8 version).

Realtek Audio Driver for 64-bit Windows

v6.0.1.6798

3. Open Device Manager > Sound, video, and game controllers and check if the High Definition Audio becomes Realtek High Definition Audio (this indicates that the sound driver is installed properly). If this is the case, install the DolbyAdvancedAudio and the DolbyHomeTheater in the C:\drivers\Realtek Audio Driver\PCEE4 folder and observe.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Savvy
Paper Tape
Views: 2,093
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for your help. I have reinstalled the windows 8 driver for Realtek that came with my laptop (the same version you mentioned) and everything is working fine. 

However, any idea why windows 8.1 driver is not working ?

zowail
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,793
Message 7 of 8

i did all of that , i uninstalled realtek 8.1 then deleted all files which have realtek then i deleted the driver folder from C/Drives ,,, when i installed 8 Realtek ,, the " the High Definition Audio becomes Realtek High Definition Audio" but when i try to install the dolby from C:\drivers\Realtek Audio Driver\PCEE4 ,, the same box appears Smiley Sad
: the instruction at 0x0600063c refernced memory at 0x0600063c.the memory could not be written , plz what should i do ?

Heisenberg063
What's DOS?
Views: 157
Message 8 of 8

1. Install Windows 8 Realtek Audio Driver from Lenovo Support website. (Even if you have Windows 8.1 installed)- restart as prompted
  2. Install OneKey_Theater_x64 from the following link: http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/36074/Win8_OneKey_Theater_x64.exe
  3. Install DolbyAdvancedAudio from your local pc {C:\drivers\Realtek Audio Driver\PCEE4}
  4. Now change to Theater mode in OneKey_Theater. ENJOY.Smiley Happy

Tried so many ways to fix this issue.

At last, came up with this solution. 

100% WORKING FINE for mine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors