cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joppenheim
Paper Tape
Views: 4,128
Message 1 of 10

OneKey Recovery does not allow factory image backup?

Hi there

I am looking to make a backup of the Windows 8 factory default image for my Ideapad Z580 and was hoping that the OneKey Recovery (version 8 is supplied) would do this.

Unfortunately, it seems to create a ghost image of the hard drive, and on restore, installs it with my user settings and data.

It does not give me the option of a factory settings backup?

(The only options from the start are 1) Backup and 2) Restore, and the Backup option only asks for a location to dump the backup).

How, using Lenovo supplied software or recommendations, can I do a backup of the factory installed image?

Regards

Joe

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 4,115
Message 2 of 10

Re: OneKey Recovery does not allow factory image backup?

@joppenheim wrote:

Hi there

I am looking to make a backup of the Windows 8 factory default image for my Ideapad Z580 and was hoping that the OneKey Recovery (version 8 is supplied) would do this.

Unfortunately, it seems to create a ghost image of the hard drive, and on restore, installs it with my user settings and data.

It does not give me the option of a factory settings backup?

(The only options from the start are 1) Backup and 2) Restore, and the Backup option only asks for a location to dump the backup).

How, using Lenovo supplied software or recommendations, can I do a backup of the factory installed image?

Regards

Joe

Hi and welcome to the community

Actually, for making new factory backup, you will need to reinstall a new okr partition through the okr engineering. One more thing system installed on the d drive don't support backup.(just in case)

For setting up new factory backup, You will need to reinstall the new okr partition. If you dont want to loose data then use use option 2, if you want to start from scratch, use option 1) Then after that install os and (on c drive only)needed apps. Then the press the okr button to power on and let it make facctory backup.

Okr engineering-http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7109925/Onekey_Recovery_7.0_Engineering

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Making-Factory-Default-HDD-Read-this-could-...

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Liken
Punch Card
Views: 4,094
Message 3 of 10

In my opinion OKR is a complete joke! It assumes you buy a laptop and never make any changes to your partitions or even get the idea of upgrading the system. In your case I assume the laptop came with Win7 and the option to upgrade to Win8? That would explain why OKR only let you backup your current install, not the factory settings. Once you upgrade you loose the option to recover from the OEM partition and thus the original factory install.

You are probably far better off doing regular backups and just forget OKR.

jeffkwani
What's DOS?
Views: 4,006
Message 4 of 10

Hi evryone!, please help me with this.. if im clicking "System Backup" from OKR 7.0

This is the error.

System Backup.jpg

and when im in step 2 on "Creat Recovery Disc" 

this is the error!

Creat Recovery Disc.jpg

I really really want to recover my laptop from its factory setting.

Thank you all and have a good day!

Moderator note; e-mail address removed to stop the spambots getting it

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,998
Message 5 of 10

In which drive has the os been reinstalled? If its d then this error message would come but onekey recovery should work in c perfectly. Try reinstalling the software. Ans just to confirm, does the one key buuton work for booting into okr partition.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
jeffkwani
What's DOS?
Views: 3,974
Message 6 of 10

In C: drive,  I tried reintalling it but nothing happend. its same problem..OKR cant find the okr partition. >.< thanks for your reply.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,958
Message 7 of 10

Okr buttons work for powering on?
jeffkwani
What's DOS?
Views: 3,951
Message 8 of 10

Yes Its working, but its like normally turning on my Laptop. Not like what I saw in youtube, if they pressed the OKR buttons, it will show the OKR window. Im from phillippines and I bought my Lenovo U400 from U.S. >.<

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,936
Message 9 of 10

Yup that is why it is not working. You will need to contact lenovo support in Phillipines. They will make a new factory default hdd.

amigoccs
Punch Card
Views: 1,924
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

Please create a Windows RE flash drive and boot to reset to factory.

If you create recovery drive without [Copy the recovery partition from the PC to the recovery drive], you must have access to PBR_DRV partition or Windows RE won’t be able to read the disk image in it. You may google for "Reset your Lenovo Computer with Windows 8" for more detail instruction about how to reset.

If if fail, yopu might need to fix your partition ID before reset because these program have problems to access PBR_DRV partition. Google for "Recover Lenovo One Key Rescue after Resizing Partitions". It has detail description about partition for Lenovo computers.

Wish it helps!

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Amigo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors