cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
Location: usa
Views: 3,385
Message 1 of 19

OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

I backed up all of my work and files with Onekey Recovery. The backup went smoothly and there were no errors or problems. I sent my laptop to Lenovo to be fixed, they sent the laptop back with initial factory recovery (basically like a brand new, completely wiped laptop) but when I went to restore all of my files, it only gets up to 8% and then gives an error message "failed to access files" I HAVE to get those files back. It's about 15 years of undergrad, and graduate work, not to mention all my important information and sentimental pictures and whatnot. Has anyone else had this problem? IS there a way to fi this? Maybe apply the .wsi backup files manually (not through onekey recovery)? Or someone fix this in anyway possible. Please any information would help. I'm desperate
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎05-09-2013
Location: US
Views: 3,359
Message 2 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

What okr version do you have?

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
Location: usa
Views: 3,356
Message 3 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

I had OKR 7 but I just finished updating to 8
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎05-09-2013
Location: US
Views: 3,345
Message 4 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

I'm not sure that OKR 8 is compatible with the okr 7 created backup files. This could be the reason it failed to restore?

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
Location: usa
Views: 3,331
Message 5 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

I've tried restoring the backup with the OKR 7 that is ore installed with the laptop and I've tried it with the OKR 8 update as well. Neither works. I've recently had the laptop sent to Lenovo and the reinstalled all OS and software from scratch, so I don't think that's the problem.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎05-09-2013
Location: US
Views: 3,313
Message 6 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error


@jolyn_5 wrote:
I've tried restoring the backup with the OKR 7 that is ore installed with the laptop and I've tried it with the OKR 8 update as well. Neither works. I've recently had the laptop sent to Lenovo and the reinstalled all OS and software from scratch, so I don't think that's the problem.

So what is the default file location for OKR 8? You can determine this by running the program and choose backup. You will see the default location.

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
Location: usa
Views: 3,295
Message 7 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

The default location is D:\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery

 

That is where it tried to back up...but there back up was too big for that location so I backed up my files to an external hard drive

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎05-09-2013
Location: US
Views: 3,290
Message 8 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error


@jolyn_5 wrote:

The default location is D:\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery

 

That is where it tried to back up...but there back up was too big for that location so I backed up my files to an external hard drive


If you copy those files in another folder and delete them (files in the location) after to give space for a backup, do you think it will work now?

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Posts: 9
Registered: ‎09-06-2013
Location: usa
Views: 3,282
Message 9 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

Do you mean clear out the D drive to make room for the backup files I have on the external hard drive? and then try to run it that way? Ive never thought of that and I haven't tried it. I don't think that would work because everything in the D drive are drivers. I would have to delete the driver files to put my backup files there...and even then I don't think there will still be enough room.

At this point I'm kind of skeptical of OKR software. Is there anyway to somehow manually, extract my important files from the backup. even if it is one by one. I can reinstall all my programs but its the documents and image files that are super important
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Posts: 5,332
Registered: ‎05-09-2013
Location: US
Views: 3,258
Message 10 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error


@jolyn_5 wrote:
Do you mean clear out the D drive to make room for the backup files I have on the external hard drive? and then try to run it that way? Ive never thought of that and I haven't tried it. I don't think that would work because everything in the D drive are drivers. I would have to delete the driver files to put my backup files there...and even then I don't think there will still be enough room.

At this point I'm kind of skeptical of OKR software. Is there anyway to somehow manually, extract my important files from the backup. even if it is one by one. I can reinstall all my programs but its the documents and image files that are super important

You stated that the default location for OKR is D:\Lenovo\OneKey App\OneKey Recovery. Can you see that folder? If not goto control panel and set folder option to show the hidden files. Try and you should now see the files. Now do the instructions I gave earlier. Copy your backup files into the default location and hide the folder again. Shutdown and try OKR to recover.

Check out current deals!


Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors