Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,164
Message 11 of 19

Re: OneKey Recovery not restoring backup - "failed to access files" error

I've tried to copy my backup files to the Lenovo default location....but my backup files are too large to fit in the D drive. This is one of the reasons why I saved it on an external hard drive
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,156
Message 12 of 19

How large is your backup files?

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,135
Message 13 of 19

about 100 gb. I haven't read some forums where people have had trouble with restoring their backup files when they are too large. But I haven't found where people have been able to correct this problem aside from downloading the latest version of OKR

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,123
Message 14 of 19

Wow, that's a very large file. The maximum size for D is 25 GB. What is need is to change that size but it is too complex for the common user to do.

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,121
Message 15 of 19

If that is the problem then I'd like to figure out how to fix it. I'm not and expert at computer but I don't think I'm a common user either. I can usually figure things out.
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,114
Message 16 of 19

@jolyn_5 wrote:
If that is the problem then I'd like to figure out how to fix it. I'm not and expert at computer but I don't think I'm a common user either. I can usually figure things out.

Although there is a possibility that D can be made large but it has not been tried in your case. Another problem is the OKR. As can be seen it is capable of saving a backup as large as 100 GB but as experience by you it failed in restoring such a large file. I think the best solution to your problem is to consult technical support of Lenovo.

jolyn_5
Paper Tape
Views: 1,110
Message 17 of 19

Ok. I think that is the best bet. Thank you for all of your help
LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,106
Message 18 of 19

You're welcome. And good luck.

ScotsDon
Blue Screen Again
Views: 388
Message 19 of 19

One thing which may not be obvious is that the OneKey recovery files cannot be on the C: drive (assuming you are restoring the C: drive).  They must be either on the D: drive (the LENOVO partition) or an external USB hard drive (or possibly a USB flash drive).  Since a "User Backup" will probably be 60GB or more, the files are too large for the D: drive.  Hence the external USB drive is a must.  The reason the files can't be on the C: drive is that the actual restoration process over-writes the disk, including your files.  Sadly it doesn't seem possible to use a NAS drive either (Network Attached Storage), even though this for me would be the easiest solution (Lenovo please note!).

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors