Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 1 of 24 (29,032 Views)

OneKey Recovery on New HardDrive

[ Edited ]

I own a lenovo ideapad Z570, and want to upgrade to a larger HDD(from 600GB to 1TB).

The only thing bothering me is the "OneKey Recovery".

So, my question is : How do I make the OEM and Recovery partitions, just after installing windows7 on a new(blank) HDD to facilitate the "OneKey Recovery".

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 24 (28,977 Views)

Re: OneKey Recovery on New HardDrive

[ Edited ]

Hi
Do you want to have the oem install(with the pre-installed apps or you are flexible with a clean install of windows?
The okr partition will only be there in the factory installed hdd and it wont work even if you copy the partition without making any changes. If you want, you can also make a custom recovery partition of one key recovery with your own backup

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/How-to-create-new-one-key-recovery-feature-...

Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 3 of 24 (28,883 Views)

THANK YOU
your link is great. it's just what i needed

i have another question though,
what size should i allocate for the recovery partition
thanks again
Bit Torrent
Message 4 of 24 (28,864 Views)

The size of the recvoery partition is 14.75gb and would remain the same.
You can only allocate size of the c and drive
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 5 of 24 (28,657 Views)

i have installed win7 ultimate on the new hdd (140GB x 4 partitions)
When i open the OKR app and click on system recovery and select to boot in system recovery environment it says
"The program cannot find the service partition.This function is currently unavailable."

what should i do to make it boot in the systemRecovery environment.
Bit Torrent
Message 6 of 24 (28,599 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi
Firstly, you will have to wipe one partition since basic disk allows 4 drives at maximum with the recovery drive.
Secondly, have you made the recovery partition via one key recovery engineering?
http://torrents.thepiratebay.se/7109925/Onekey_Recovery_7.0_Engineering.7109925.TPB.torrent
Regards

Edit:- And just to tell you that ask the queries on that particular thread it self since it is regarding that and others might require the same help.

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 24 (28,563 Views)

you can also activate the oem partition...on your new hard drive install windows (no need to enter activation key) go to cmd and type "diskpart". then type "list volume". when u found ur oem partition type "select volume x" (x is ur oem partition) then type "active"...but only if u want to restore using external hard drive or flash drive.Smiley Happy

Bit Torrent
Message 8 of 24 (28,555 Views)

alimap95 wrote:

you can also activate the oem partition...on your new hard drive install windows (no need to enter activation key) go to cmd and type "diskpart". then type "list volume". when u found ur oem partition type "select volume x" (x is ur oem partition) then type "active"...but only if u want to restore using external hard drive or flash drive.Smiley Happy

Hi

Your idea is great, but would only work if the partition sizes are not changed too. Op is changing from 500 gb to 1tb and that would hange the partition sizes and due to that recovery wont start the factory reset  and woud give the same notification as reported by a forum member link626

Sorry that i wont be able to provide link for that since i didn't find it

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 9 of 24 (28,520 Views)

thank you for the torrent link,

i have downloaded the okr 7.0 torrent as soon as i saw your post,

i'm unable to burn it as the iso size is 784MB which is more than standard available 700MB CDs, and NERO refuses to burn it on a DVD.

Please suggest solution, and sorry to bug you with so many problems...

Bit Torrent
Message 10 of 24 (28,512 Views)

[ Edited ]

abdulwasekhan wrote:

thank you for the torrent link,

i have downloaded the okr 7.0 torrent as soon as i saw your post,

i'm unable to burn it as the iso size is 784MB which is more than standard available 700MB CDs, and NERO refuses to burn it on a DVD.

Please suggest solution, and sorry to bug you with so many problems...

Hi 

There is absolutely no problem in asking me, i just want to help peopleSmiley Wink

You dont need to burn cd's, just a waste of time. Use a pen drive instead. Just follow the following

Use Nero to mout the iso or use power iso instead.

The insert the usb drive(note you will need to format it meaning all data would be lost)

Open command prompt as administrator, then type the following series of comands

Diskpart

A new windows would open or sometimes it opens in same windows

list disk (you will get two disks or three, varying according to the device connected)

Select disk # (# denotes the correct disk number, be sure what you choose ie correspond from the sizes)

Clean

Create partition primary

Format fs=fat32 quick

assign

active

exit

Now, copy the files from the iso to the pen drive and then boot from it and type 1 in okr engineering(note that will delete all partitions and existing files, be sure to backup) Then, in between it will ask for language, type the number corresponding to EN-US

Then you can move on to install windows and drivers and follow the guide.

Then afeter finalizing everything, make a new backup by pressing the novo key to power on.

Do ask if anything is not clear to you.

Regards

Top kudoed Authors