Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

12-02-2012

North Carolina

40 Signins

293 Page Views

• Views: 293
  • Message 1 of 4

OneKey Rescue System can't see external USB drive

2013-04-18, 20:58 PM

*** I apolgize if this question has already been addressed, but I could not find any mention of this exact problem. ***

I've made a number of (apparently) successful system backups using the OneKey program (running under Windows 7) on my Y580 system. These backups were made to a large USB3 external disk. Now, though, when I use the OneKey button to start the OneKey Rescue System 7.0, I can't access that USB disk at all! (I tried plugging the disk into one of the USB2 ports, but that didn't help.) Only drives C: & D: are available, and neither of them is the USB drive.

Has anyone been able to access an external USB hard drive via the standalone OneKey Rescue System "Recovery" option?

Many thanks,

Wayne

Options

488 Posts

11-18-2012

Egypt

329 Signins

5740 Page Views

• Views: 5740
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: OneKey Rescue System can't see external USB drive

2013-04-19, 11:39 AM

Hi wbrells,

Thank you for posting in the Lenovo Community,

I’d like to ask you if you are connecting the USB drive before you access the Recovery system?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Soha

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

9 Posts

12-02-2012

North Carolina

40 Signins

293 Page Views

• Views: 293
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-04-19, 11:56 AM

SESoha,

Thanks for your response! I think I've discovered the problem - the OneKey Rescue program can't seem to handle very LARGE usb disk drives! My problem showed up when I attached a 3TB Seagate USB3 disk to the Y580 before startup. (I tried both the USB3 and the USB2 ports on the Y580.) In all cases this disk was invisible when I started OneKey Rescue via the novo key even though it worked perfectly when I made the OneKey backup under Windows.

I just attached a 500GB Western Digital USB2 disk to the Y580, and OneKey Rescue found it with no problems! Perhaps OneKey Rescue just can't handle disks > 2TB (or thereabouts)? If so, it seems that users should be warned about this limitation!

Hope to hear from you,

Wayne

Options

15 Posts

01-29-2013

Hamburg/Germany

18 Signins

159 Page Views

• Views: 159
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-04-23, 18:30 PM

Hi - the lack of support of large disks is already known: See my post

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-Z-and-P-series/Y580-Boot-Failures/td-p/1010685/page/3

Jens

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms