jiozju
Paper Tape
Views: 1,096
Message 1 of 2

Onekey Recovery error tring to burn Recovery Disks

Hi all

Would need some help for the OKR. Currently using Y450

Situation :

System came with 3 partitions, Large C: , Small D: , Service Partition [Pre-installed Vista]

Copied whole service partition out onto a external HDD. 

Formatted Main HDD partitions without touching the service partition, then installed XP on my system

After the XP installation, C: Drive is my "Service Partiton" and i can see ALL files which is supposed to be hidden (don't ask me why, I don't know -.-)

D: Drive is my XP System files and everything else (1 HUGE partition 480GB).

So right now, when i try to create recovery disks selecting the file on my

C: Drive "Service Partition" factory.wsi file, i keep hitting this error :

OneKey Recovery

Fail:  error code 0xE0DD001F

An internal program error has occured. 

Also, my Optical Drive also seems to die off after hitting this error, I can't eject, read, anything at all! I have to restart the whole System to get it to work again, its as if the power to the optical drive just died. 

I have applied all the possible updates/patches for OKR, still nothing works. How can i fix this?

LTechieGuy
Punch Card
Views: 1,064
Message 2 of 2

Re: Onekey Recovery error tring to burn Recovery Disks

1) You can't just copy the entire partition and expect the recovery process to work...

2) You now cannot create your recovery disks because you have a) changed the partitions b) have removed the ability for the OKR partition to function.

3) The only option you have now is to send your computer into the Depot and have them reimage your HDD...

Also, while you are talking to them, ask them how to create a proper set of recovery disks through a backup and ask if they have Recovery disks they can send you... if they are available.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors