Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
evertide
Paper Tape
Views: 615
Message 1 of 13

Onekey Theater Doesn't Run/Execute (Y500)

Hello. I'm using he Ideapad Y500. Recently I accidentally turned off my Onekey Theater in the icons area at the bottom right as shown in the image. I seem to be unable to turn it on in any way, even after setting its settings to show icon and notifications. 

I searched around and I even tried to run it straight from C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Onekey Theater

When double clicking the executable found in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Onekey Theater, nothing happens. It seems like the exe just does not work. 

How do I make Onekey Theater appear in the taskbar at the bottom right again? I don't think I'll have to reinstall it, right? All I did was make the icon disappear (I didn't uninstall it)

Thanks Smiley Happy

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 599
Message 2 of 13

Re: Onekey Theater Doesn't Run/Execute (Y500)

@evertide wrote:

Hello. I'm using he Ideapad Y500. Recently I accidentally turned off my Onekey Theater in the icons area at the bottom right as shown in the image. I seem to be unable to turn it on in any way, even after setting its settings to show icon and notifications. 

I searched around and I even tried to run it straight from C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Onekey Theater

When double clicking the executable found in C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Onekey Theater, nothing happens. It seems like the exe just does not work. 

How do I make Onekey Theater appear in the taskbar at the bottom right again? I don't think I'll have to reinstall it, right? All I did was make the icon disappear (I didn't uninstall it)

Thanks Smiley Happy

To show the icon click the "show hidden icons" then click customized (see picture). Then click "restore default icon behaviors".

Show hidden icons.JPG

evertide
Paper Tape
Views: 591
Message 3 of 13

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that and restarted my computer. Reseting the default icon behaviour does not make the program run. Onekey Theater does not run when my laptop boots, nor does it run when I double click its icon in the CSmiley Very Happyrive. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 578
Message 4 of 13

@evertide wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried that and restarted my computer. Reseting the default icon behaviour does not make the program run. Onekey Theater does not run when my laptop boots, nor does it run when I double click its icon in the CSmiley Very Happyrive. 

Hi evertide,

You didn't mention what OS you have installed. If it's Win 7, make sure you have OKT in the System Configuration Startup tab checked

OKT.PNG

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

evertide
Paper Tape
Views: 568
Message 5 of 13

hello dragnoak, I'm using Windows 8

It has already been enabled in startup

Untitled.png

It just refuses to start at all, whether upon my computer restarting or me running it manually. 

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 561
Message 6 of 13

Looking at the Startup impact setting, it is set to medium. That might be the reason. Mine is set to high.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 555
Message 7 of 13

Do you still have your D: recovery partition? If so, navigate to D: drivers\OneKeyTheater, and execute the setup as Administrator. Choose "Repair" if it asks.

Cheers

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 544
Message 8 of 13

@evertide:

You stated "How do I make Onekey Theater appear in the taskbar at the bottom right again? I don't think I'll have to reinstall it, right? All I did was make the icon disappear (I didn't uninstall it)"

And with the snapshot of the startup the "Startup impact setting" is shown to be set to medium. I cannot find a way on how to change the setting to high.

To satisfy your condition in solving the problem without reinstallation, you can check the setting at Hkey_Current_User/Software/Lenovo/OneKey Theater/Setting/AutoStart by running regedit. It should be set to 1. If this does not help, the only way that I can recommend without reinstallation of the program is to perform System Restore to a date before you made the change.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 530
Message 9 of 13

Len,

I think I used the term "repair". Smiley Wink

Cheers

Dragonrider

I'm DO'ing IT

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 513
Message 10 of 13

@dragnoak wrote:

Len,

I think I used the term "repair". Smiley Wink

Cheers

Dragonrider

Look at the beginning, my post is address to the op. If you use "repair" or presented a different solution, I really don't have any objection at all. I don't know why the op is putting the restriction if you care to ask (a mere speculation or ego tripping or brainstorming as what others called it ?). What I have presented is based on what I have experience. I do experienced such a problem and what I have stated is what I have done.

Let me reiterate, my post is never made in response to your post but to the OP. I hope you understand.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors