cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Administrator
Views: 2,194
Message 21 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista. Tech Support unable to fix. Now what?

All,

We are looking into this, so I would ask that folks just hold up a day or so...

If you purchased a Win 7 system after 10/22/09 and have a Win 7 COA on the bottom, you should not be going through the Win 7 upgrade process (register, pay $17, wait for the disks).

I don't want to speculate too much, but sounds like the Win 7 disks might have been left out of some of these systems.  

Updates to follow...

Thanks for reporting this!

Mark

Dcolombo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,801
Message 22 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

ok so I just returned from my business trip and opened my box to my suprise NOTTTTTT

i to have the wrong operating system VISTAAAAAA with the win 7 sticker and licence

Lenovo needs to replace whoever made these mistakes !!!!

called warranty they opened a case reffered me to sales who is gone for the evening with a promise that they will call me....tomorrow.

I asked what the resolve is and explained my concern over the bios enhancement specific to win 7 and that I will not accept an upgrade or full install of win 7

i wnat the computer I ordered from the factory.... so lets see what will happen

@Mark from lenovo what a huge foppa !!!!I will PM you my info also and my case number to see how quickly we can resolve this as I am now completly stuck as my prior laptop has died and I now have the wrong laptop.

Thanks

Domenico

gregw1
Paper Tape
Views: 2,068
Message 23 of 163

I just want to add another chapter in my saga, it is so sad it is almost funny, at least I am trying to keep a sense of humor about it.

I called the tech support line first.  They have a lovely system where concepts like a "customer number" and "order number" are of no help.  All information including name, address, serial number, etc. must be collected again over the phone.  (Is this actually 2009?)  Anyway, after 15 minutes the gentlemen finally asks me what my problem is.  At that point he tells me to call the sales department because there is nothing he can do about it! This is not a transfer, he literally gives me the phone number and tells me to call them the next day.  They are basically open bankers hours (8-5 US or whatever), weekdays only.  Wow, very impressive!

OK, so I call the sales dept the next day.  The gentlemen does find my actual order but unfortunately he has not quite mastered the english language.  Most comments I make he repeats back to me.  Customer: "I believe it is raining outside."  Agent: "I believe you just said it is raining outside".  Yes sir I did.  Anyway, after much awkward discussion, putting me on hold, etc. he finally concludes I need to call the tech support line and open a case.  I inform him that the tech support line sent me here.  He talks to the supervisor again.  Same answer.  This is crazy.  At that point our scintillating conversation ends.  But he does get in a final jab, something about "I could be charged for a service call when I contact them".  I can't believe I am hearing this but choose to ignore him for now.

I call the tech support line again.  To Lenovo's credit a fairly sane person takes my call and opens a case, although again confirms he can not access my actual order!  I explain the runaround I have received and he actually calls the sales dept for me and conferences me in.  It is going OK until the bad news comes.  Midnight has been struck and the coach is turning back into a pumpkin.  Apparently the end of the service window has arrived and everyone is going home for the day.  Please call back tomorrow.  I simply smile and hang up, realizing I may have experienced a "hall of fame" type of customer experience.

Stay tuned for the next exciting chapter!

goscottgo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,021
Message 24 of 163

Greg -

I too had a similar mind numbing experience between tech support and customer service.  I used to work in tech support myself and was amazed how in this day there is no coordination between the two departments at Lenovo.  I don't want to rehash the specifics so I can avoid post tramautic Lenovo disorder but the fact that customer service had to call me back in 45 minutes so they can talk to tech support to verify my case number is astonishing.  Really?  You can't get a tech support case to pop up on your screen? Did you have to walk over to tech support and talk to someone in person and go to the filing cabinet?  Get with it Lenovo, it's 2009. 

gasheville
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,991
Message 25 of 163

Mark_Lenovo, what is the status on the fix for  "Ordered Windows 7, got Vista" after 10/22/09 when my new Y550 notebook  has Win 7 COA on the bottom?

monicaetzo
Paper Tape
Views: 1,987
Message 26 of 163

After ordering my computer the 27th of October and being shipped on the 10th of November it finally got here today (Nov. 18), even when I did pay for the 2 day shipping...  I was super excited about my new computer, only to find out I have the EXACT same problem.... I have the Windows 7 sticker, confirmed that I ordered Windows 7 on my invoice and yet only Vista is installed... 

I was on the phone with both Technical support and Sales only to be told to call back again tomorrow. They offered me the same options but I refuse to send it back and wait for another month... I just don't understand if this was Lenovo's mistake why do they expect me to pay for the shipping of the discs.... 

Please let me know when a solution is met... I am very upset and dissatisfied with this... 

gasheville
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,953
Message 27 of 163

Sad to say, but I think we have to return these Y550's. 

gasheville
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,933
Message 28 of 163

LENOVO should VOID these shipments until they are sure the products are what the customers ordered!  So, others don't have to go through this pathetic experience.  Lenovo, MAN UP and do the right thing!

Dissatisfied
Paper Tape
Views: 1,848
Message 29 of 163

Sounds like I am having the same exact problem as everyone else on here.  I just got off the phone with the sales department and was told this:

"At the current moment the management staff here at Lenovo does not have a solution to the current problem, however please contact us back within 24 to 48 to see if a solution has been determined." (paraphrased)

Has anyone else run into this today or am I getting yet another run around?

goscottgo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,018
Message 30 of 163

Dissatisfied -

It's pretty obvious they have no clue what is going on.  Did they give you the option to return for a full refund?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors