Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dissatisfied
Paper Tape
Views: 1,944
Message 31 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

I was not offered anything really....once the guy got back on the phone from talking to his manager I was quickly ushered off of the phone line.

I had to slow him down just to reconfirm the fact that I actually have to call back in tomorrow to find out what might happen....I don't even get the courtesy of a phone call from them if they make a decision sooner.

Former Administrator
Views: 1,877
Message 32 of 163

All,

We are working on this issue and exploring several alternative ways to resolve this situation for customers who have received these systems with the wrong image. 

We have taken action to stop shipments on these and get the issue corrected at the source so customers with pending orders should not be affected.  Obviously there could be units already being delivered by UPS, so others might report having received a system after I post this.

I understand it is frustrating to get different answers from sales and service.  Please understand that sales and support centers may be located in different parts of the world, run different IT systems and while common information used for transactions like order numbers or system serial numbers and warranty information may be available to agents, unfortunately it can take a bit of time to synchronize all the teams on the issue and the appropriate action plans.

Social technologies like this forum, allow people to come together faster, and this certainly sets the bar high for rapid response.

With this in mind,  I would ask for your understanding and patience as we work to get this resolved.

Best regards,

Mark

Former Administrator
Views: 1,883
Message 33 of 163

Re: Easy solution, send out another HD next day air

RobsTV,

Good thoughts !   I actually suggested the HDD idea as well today.

Unfortunately, that isn't a present option for us as it's outside the terms of our OEM agreement with Microsoft - we can't send just drives with an image on them.

Returns are certainly an option, but I would hope one of last resort as we would really like to keep our customers who saw value in the design and features of these Y550 IdeaPads, and hope they will give us a bit more time on this. 

Best regards,

Mark

Arkham
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,813
Message 34 of 163

I agree with the concept that disappointment should be met with a gesture. I have been convinced by some friends and research that Lenovo is the way to go. I had read some comments on disappointing customer service issues, particularly phone support, but I decided that the reputation of quality counterbalanced this aspect. I was looking forward to using the laptop immediately, but until I begin customizing my experience, which is pointless while waiting on the correct OS, I have one high priced paperweight. I certainly could have had a much better experience.

Dorchester
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,766
Message 35 of 163

Mark,

I am still waiting for my order which "Shipped" on 11/11 so I have not confirmed the version of Windows on my machine.  I did do some searching on the Lenovo support site and found a similar situation 

"Lenovo Ideapad Y530-5243U system was incorrectly preinstalled with Microsoft Windows Vista 32 bit Edition instead of 64 bit Edition" 

and that solution was

"Contact Lenovo Technical Support at 1-877-4LENOVO (453-6686) to arrange for a drive replacement.

Note: This is only applicable in the United States.

"

Please see the link for reference.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_1226979503381.html

Regards,

Dcolombo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,763
Message 36 of 163

@mark

why not send the the hard drive without the operating system and an disc with the image

the problem here is major

we need resolution as there is a need to use this for work

please help us get this resolved

quickly,

to all how do credit card purchase laws work when items purchased by cc are nor received can you refuse payment?

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,735
Message 37 of 163

@Mark_Lenovo wrote:

All,

We are working on this issue and exploring several alternative ways to resolve this situation for customers who have received these systems with the wrong image. 

We have taken action to stop shipments on these and get the issue corrected at the source so customers with pending orders should not be affected.  Obviously there could be units already being delivered by UPS, so others might report having received a system after I post this.

I understand it is frustrating to get different answers from sales and service.  Please understand that sales and support centers may be located in different parts of the world, run different IT systems and while common information used for transactions like order numbers or system serial numbers and warranty information may be available to agents, unfortunately it can take a bit of time to synchronize all the teams on the issue and the appropriate action plans.

Social technologies like this forum, allow people to come together faster, and this certainly sets the bar high for rapid response.

With this in mind,  I would ask for your understanding and patience as we work to get this resolved.

Best regards,

Mark

You mean stop future shipments right?  Please tell me you did not redirect packages that were already in transit.

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,710
Message 38 of 163

Thats just what I was going to ask about. I'm concerned because I originally had a delivery date for tomorrow (19th), but for over 2 days the order has been stuck in Alaska. After reading about the order holds, I hope they aren't going to call back my package! I've been waiting 3 weeks so far, and am already regretting not buying a Dell (my last Dell order was delivered to my door 3 days after the order was placed). Lenovo is highly rated, so I took a chance.

I agree with some of the previous posts about solutions:

-Ship a Win. 7 disk. Windows now sells Licenses, not disks anyway. These have the licenses already, just send us out a batch of disks so we can install the OS that is licensed to this laptop.

-Ship us out new hard drives. If we had a defective hard drive, a new drive would be sent out anyway, with the OS already loaded into it. So treat it as a defective drive, send us new drives, and a shipping label to ship back our old drives. Of course for the cost of a drive, you would be breaking even; might as well let us keep the drives with the Vista image. But I really don't care...ship them back if you want. I just want Win. 7.

-Offer a partial refund. Factor in Lenovo's cost for the OS, expense of shipping them all out, technical support for the installs...offering a partial refund would be a cost effective solution and let us buy an OS.

At any rate, the one option I WILL NOT accept will be sending my laptop back. I've waited 3 weeks, a week of that was waiting for delivery. Add in several days to get the laptop back to Lenovo, 2 weeks for them to correct the issue, and another week to ship the new laptop to us. I'll get a refund first and buy another brand.

My wife needs this for school, and we are struggling to both share 1 PC in the house right now. I end up letting her have it during the day and evening, then I stay up all night to use it myself. Waiting weeks longer will NOT be acceptable.

Jim in N.H.

sayitwithme
Paper Tape
Views: 1,932
Message 39 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista.

Yup, me too.

I really like the machine but Vista pretty much sucks.  A deciding factor for this machine was Windows 7.

Just ship a Windows 7 disc at your expense.  Like many others here I need this machine and do not want to ship it back.

gasheville
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,873
Message 40 of 163

Mark_Lenovo,  Lenovo charges our credit cards upon shipment.  Now, that shipments have stopped, Lenovo should credit our credit cards.  Lenovo has our hard earned money and customers have no agreed upon shipment date.  Are our credit cards charges being reversed? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors