Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Administrator
Views: 1,593
Message 41 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

gasheville,

I may have created some confusion.  What I meant to say was that If the product doesn't ship, the card won't be charged so there is nothing to reverse. We would not charge the card and then hold the product.   I was trying to convey that we understood the issue and were taking action on two fronts - (1) Devise a resolution for those who have received or will receive (product in route) a product with the wrong preload,  (2) Stop shipping more units with the wrong preload - get the right image.

RobbsTV,

I personally agree with your logic regarding licenses, but ultimately our development team, working with our preload  team and Microsoft interfaces will be have to make the call on that,  not me.  I'm just the forum guy. Smiley Wink

Dorchester,

That's an interesting citation and I'll look into that.  I would agree with you based on the language of the tip that it seems to be implying we would send a drive.  What we may find out is that service was going to replace the drives via the depot in that instance, rather than sending out the drive with the image.  As far as I know, we have not sent IdeaPad drives directly to cusotmers in the past for self service.

Dcolombo,

That's a good suggestion too, and probably the easiest.   I think the challenge in that alternative is that the Win 7 disks, when installed would create the image on the C drive, but would not update the OKR function, so in the future if the user made use of the OKR (One Key Recovery) feature, it would recover to Vista.

All,

I can assure you that this issue has a lot of focus today, there are people working on it, and I hope to have some updates tomorrow.   Again, I do apologize that this happened, and I assure you that we do want to keep you as Lenovo customers.

Best regards,

Mark

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,583
Message 42 of 163

Mark,

Can you find out if Lenovo has put a hold or return on laptops that are currently in transit with UPS? Many of us have computers stuck in Alaska, and are trying to find out if this is just a shipping delay, or if Lenovo is calling back the packages.

My vote on it is to let shipped laptops get to the customer while Lenovo makes the decision about what to do about this problem. I, for one, already have Win. 7, and it would be a legal install for me to replace Vista with it since these laptops are coming with the keys. I'd rather install it myself than wait possibly weeks. If it comes to that, I'll cancel the order.

Jim

nanobeast
Punch Card
Views: 1,578
Message 43 of 163

Mark_Lenovo,

I placed an order for Y550 back on 10/28.  Could you please answer some of the questions I and several others have.

1)  Why does the tracking for a number of people show that the package went from Shanghai to japan, then back to Shanghai and Japan again?

2)  Why is the package showing in Anchorage, Alaska for 2-3 days without moving?  Are the packages being sent back to China?

3) If so, how long will the whole process take?  We had to wait for 3 weeks to get our laptop.  Is it reasonable to wait for another 3 weeks because of a blunder that Lenovo made without compensation?  I needed this laptop for my schoolwork.

4) There are absolutely no updates from Lenovo.  We have to take actions to find out what is happening.  Is this the sort of customer service I am to expect in the future?

sniffadookie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,564
Message 44 of 163

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your responses but I believe the main point about everybody's frustration is the lack of communication about this issue.  I, among others, have been following the shipment for days now without any notice or date for delivery.  I literally had to look through forums to figure out what was going on with the shipment - without any notice from Lenovo whatsoever.  

This disappoints because I recently sold my laptop as soon as I received delivery confirmation from Lenovo that the laptop was on route for delivery.  

If it does happen that we must wait another 3 or so weeks for the actual delivery of the laptop it would make a very bad impression for me with Lenovo.  I've purchased a laptop from your site before and have been recommending Lenovo's to others, but this doesn't sit well with me.

sniffadookie
Paper Tape
Views: 1,535
Message 45 of 163

Also, I would also prefer to have the shipment for the ones currently on route to be delivered - I have my own copy of Windows 7 from school I will be using.

Dcolombo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,487
Message 46 of 163

@ Mark from Lenovo

Thanks for your response, I look forward to the resolution,

Dcolombo

alakan
What's DOS?
Views: 1,468
Message 47 of 163

I did also get the y550 with Vista home premium instead of Win 7 which I wanted to play with. well it would be nice if there is s olution where we dont have to ship in and redo all the installation of programs again on a new disk. Will watch this thread for a resolution.

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,465
Message 48 of 163

Well this is becoming quite a rollar coaster ride. About 20 minutes ago I checked my tracking and was shocked that after 3 days, my laptop finally made it to Louisville! I was excited to think that maybe this thing will get here after all.

Then the next thing I did just a few minutes ago was to log back into my order page and click the tracking link again before bed. Unfortunately I get the following message:

"Customer not found. For Assistance call 1-866-428-4465 or 1-866-42THINK."

I'll be putting a call into them in the morning to try to get an answer about whats going on...that is, if anyone actually knows.

Jim

Former Administrator
Views: 1,732
Message 49 of 163

nhdiesel,

Louisville is the point where these systems clear Customs in the US.  

Can you send me a PM with your order number?   I'd like to  look into this as well.   While re-routing undelivered units for re-work in the US is an option, I am not aware that a decision has been pursue this option yet.

Best regards,

Mark

Dcolombo
SCSI Port
Views: 1,680
Message 50 of 163

ok just spoke with the sales dept and they still do not have a resolution

all that was said to me was wait another day????????

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors