Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,811
Message 51 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

Mark could you confirm exactly what version of win7 this license key is for?   Someone on another forum said they downloaded win7 home premium 64bit dvd iso from MSDN but the key didnt work.   Do we need a special oem version to use this particular key?   I hope its a 64bit key.

Cant you just get them to upload an image of the dvd and let customers download that?

Thanks.

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,771
Message 52 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

i received mines this morning. i tried using my win 7 disk with the key provided and it doesn't work for 64 bit. i believe the keys are wrong, they are for 32 bit not 64.  I called tech support they didn't help me one bit. 

Worst Lenovo Experience ever def will not be buying any more Lenovo products.  They should give some type of credit, i need a 64 bit windows 7, i am not going to wait another 3 weeks. Absurd customer support. Plus i will be leaving the country soon so i need a resolution  asap. 

jar66su
Punch Card
Views: 1,769
Message 53 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista.

we all need to stop complaining and wait for our computers to arrive....then we can really start bitching up a storm Smiley Tongue

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,759
Message 54 of 163

Mines arrived ..... VISTA SUCKS 

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,752
Message 55 of 163

Well for some very odd reason my order page was working again this morning, and when I checked tracking...it managed to go from Louisville, to Manchester, to Carroll, to OUT FOR DELIVERY overnight! I think the tracking was just very screwy. Anyway, when its in my hands I'll try installing my copy of Win. 7, and if it works, I'll be DONE with Lenovo. If the order experience has been this bad, and they can't even figure out what to do about laptops shipped with the wrong OS, I can just imagine how bad warranty will be. Probably worse than HP, and they made me pay for my own DVD drive, I had to install it myself (no biggie there), then send the old one back...for a refund once they received it.

I'll go back to Dell next time for sure. I've heard about issues with them lately, but considering the other options and my previous experiences with them, I'll go back to someone I had good luck with.

Jim

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,695
Message 56 of 163

Yeah i agree. I can't get my Windows 7 to install with the Key provided on the back.  I am going to try getting a Free Win 7 key for 64 bit if not then ill just buy my own and def will never deal with Lenovo.  And i agree with you Jim imagine the support when there is a tech issue with Lenovo. I dont know what happened Lenovo use to be  good but it seems worse then Gateway at the moment 

Former Administrator
Views: 1,665
Message 57 of 163

tsakhan,

We have a heard a few reports where the key on the sleeve did not work with the disk.   I'll send you a PM with my email and ask for your help.  Could you take a digital camera pic of the COA, the Key code, and the label side of the DVD and attach in an email to me?

We will work to get you the appropriate key.

Best regards,

Mark

Ceromus2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,634
Message 58 of 163

@Mark_Lenovo wrote:

tsakhan,

We have a heard a few reports where the key on the sleeve did not work with the disk.   I'll send you a PM with my email and ask for your help.  Could you take a digital camera pic of the COA, the Key code, and the label side of the DVD and attach in an email to me?

We will work to get you the appropriate key.

Best regards,

Mark

they didnt come with disc's remember?  If its anything like previous windows versions you can't use an oem key with retail disc image.  You would need the oem disc.   Assuming my memory is serving me correctly of course.

sayitwithme
Paper Tape
Views: 2,149
Message 59 of 163

I orderd a HD once and it turned out it was bad.  It was a Wester Digital.  I called them and they shipped me a new one right away.  I wasn't charged anything as long as I followed their policy and shipped back the bad one.  They paid shipping.  If I did not ship back the bad one I would have been charged for the drive and shipping.

I think this is what LEnovo should do.  Send everyone new (correct) laptops with instructions to ship the others back.  If we choose not to than we are billed for the new machine.  Seems quick easy and fair with some headache.

Anyway, I'll probably go the route of just doing the upgrade.  I'll at least get a disc.

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 2,117
Message 60 of 163

Yeah mark it did NOT come with OEM CD. OEM PRODUCT KEY + Retail Win 7 Disk = FAIL 

I still can't believe Lenovo hasn't sent a mass email to all the people who bought this. Utter failure of customer support.  Plus how long does it take to come up with a solution ??? Lenovo is aware of this this problem for over 24 hrs still no action on their part.... 

This is CRAP! 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors