Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gangof4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,955
Message 61 of 163

Re: IdeaPad Shipping / Order discussion

Mark.

i have your solution: for our trouble, you should load the correct image onto a 7200 rpm drive and overnight them to us. yes, i read about your licensing issue/excuse. i'm pretty sure shipping a customer who ordered win 7 64 premium, sending him vista home basic and slapping win7 stickers and product keys all over the laptop violated that licensing agreement more than taking the steps to correct it.  if you must- ship them to an authorized repair site and have them take the 5 minutes to swap drives (if so, instruct them to do it while we wait, as oppossed to, 'come back in 3 days and it will be ready' garbage- we've waited and put up with enough hassle already). but, PLEASE, make the decision and overnight them to SOMEBODY- NOW!!

i already called and was given an RMA # and think i am going to have to return this unless it's fixed within a couple of days, as i'm leaving the country for 2 months. this is so upsetting, as i waited for all this time and it's got vista- my work software doesn't run right on vista, so it's not an option to 'make do for now'. problem is, given my time constraints, any laptop i buy now will be a lousy pre-built one from a store- terrible option.

so, i hope you come up with something quick- as in today...

Gangof4
Paper Tape
Views: 1,918
Message 62 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista.

yeah, wondering what discs people are talking about-maybe they have copies of win 7 already. that said, the lenovo 'enhanced experience' for win 7 requires a factory install. another reason why they need to send us 7200 rpm discs with the factory image to solve this. a lesser solution or one that requires returning the laptop or more excruciating waiting is going to mean a whole lot more RMA's for refund than mine. frankly, if i had time to order before my trip, i wouldn't have even bothered to come to this forum, i'd have just ordered a dell or HP...

WTF
Paper Tape
Views: 1,929
Message 63 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista. Tech Support unable to fix. Now what?

@goscottgo

@goscottgo wrote:

the Y550 doesn't hold an internet connection. It connects for 5-10 seconds, then drops, reconnects, and repeats the process. I made several adjustments but to no avail.  I am sure that is something that can be remedied, but I am not sure I want to go through the hassle of getting the correct OS, to then go through the hassle of getting a stable internet connection.

My friend that is going through this process has the same problem.  I am very computer savvy and I am the one that recommended this laptop.  I thought it was a firmware issue with his router so I remoted into another computer of his and updated the firmware when he said "It is odd that when I boot up this computer says Vista"

Needless to say we never got it to connect to the internet, even on the latest firmware of his router....

Lenovo really screwed this one up.  It is one thing to have the wrong image on the computers, it is a totally different problem when they can't seem to correct it.  I don't give a **bleep** who you are it shouldn't take this long to figure out what to do.

The best solution I have heard is OVERNIGHTING a correctly imaged hard drive to these customers.  The problem is this should have already been done.

These customers are sitting on basically $600-$800 pieces of crap.  If my friend’s computer won't even connect to the internet, wired or wireless what freaking good is it?  Not only does he have a 5lb paperweight, he also has already had to pay for the thing on his credit card.  So Lenovo is making money off of him and the rest of the customers for delivering absolutely nothing and doing nothing about it.

Lenovo should be calling these customers every day and giving status updates personally.  They should also figure out a solution NOW.  I have no clue how many of these went out but let’s say it was only 1,000 units.  Lenovo is cashing in on $500,000-800,000 while their customers are sitting there not knowing what is going on.  If they are making just 1% interest on that money they have already made $8,000 of the payments they have received.  That would pay for quite a bit of hard drives to be shipped out to these customers.

100% terrible customer service and probably illegal.

nanobeast
Punch Card
Views: 1,887
Message 64 of 163

"

We have a heard a few reports where the key on the sleeve did not work with the disk.   I'll send you a PM with my email and ask for your help.  Could you take a digital camera pic of the COA, the Key code, and the label side of the DVD and attach in an email to me?

We will work to get you the appropriate key.

Best regards,

Mark

"

You do realize that Win 7 DVDs were never shipped out with these laptops, right?  These are people installing Win 7 using their own discs and then trying to use the Seriel key on the laptop.  Something which Lenovo should have done....

How come a company that has been around for so long make such a pathetic blunder?

And then, how come they cant come up with a quick solution which does not involve sending the whole laptop back to Lenovo?

Returning the laptops wouldnt be a big problem for most people if Lenovo did not have a history invoving long and terrible shipping time/delays.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/General-Discussion/long-shipping-delays/m-p/44041

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=131068

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579009962631/m/305002135731/p/2

http://www.lenovosucks.net/

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/292895/lenovo_shipping_debacle_continues.html

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/251252

http://laptoplogic.com/news/detail.php?id=1908

These are just a few links.......

This has been going on for YEARS.

Do you now understand why folks here do not want to deal with Lenovo's shipping (sening the laptop back for repair)? 

fp78
Punch Card
Views: 1,858
Message 65 of 163

Same here, Mark_Lenovo!!  Ordered my Y550 on 10/28 and received it today 11/19 with Vista on it.  Throughout this thread you have not responded to the question why all of these customers were not told about the error before receiving their laptops.  I'd like to put in my vote for replacement hard drives with the correct images.... but will it take 3 weeks again?

oh, and please make sure it's Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, per my order. Thanks!

dpoopd
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,778
Message 66 of 163

Hoping to receive the laptop within a week turns out to be probably another whole month? At this point, I almost want to receive a refund in time for black friday, which I could just get another laptop that'll be probably cheaper. Only thing I was really looking forward to on this laptop was the so called "Windows 7 Enhanced Experience" and the graphics card. So far this experience altogether has been unconvincing.

goscottgo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,795
Message 67 of 163

@WTF wrote:

If my friend’s computer won't even connect to the internet, wired or wireless what freaking good is it?  Not only does he have a 5lb paperweight, he also has already had to pay for the thing on his credit card.  So Lenovo is making money off of him and the rest of the customers for delivering absolutely nothing and doing nothing about it.

To answer your question, the computer is worth nothing.  Mine is already on my way back to Lenovo for a refund, and in the meantime I bought a Dell. 

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,771
Message 68 of 163

Mark- THIS LAPTOP CAME WITH NO CD!!! My retail Win 7 Installation CD does NOT work with the product key on the back of the laptop.  Second thing there is no such thing as Customer Support. I talked to the manger at Lenovo sales he suggested that i go buy my own Win 7 installation disk with a new product Key. BLEEP lenovo i paid for a system with windows 7... guess what i got a piece of crap with Vista. I say Lenovo should OVERNIGHT a new hard drive with the windows 7 image. I  am leaving the country on Tuesday so i cant wait to send the laptop back and wait 3 weeks for it to be returned back to me. How long does it take to find a solution? i am going to get a RMA just in case if this issue isn't resolved by Monday. THIS IS CRAP! WORST CUSTOMER SUPPORT EVER!!  

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,795
Message 69 of 163

Is any one else having the internet / connection issue? 

TheCoyote
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,782
Message 70 of 163

Just got off of the phone with tech support and I was told I would have to send the notebook back to get the product I ordered. If this is the case I will be returning this notebook. I've already waited over 20 days to get the system. This is ridiculous. I'm a college student and I need a computer for school. This is the first and last Lenovo product I will be purchasing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors