Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dissatisfied
Paper Tape
Views: 1,549
Message 71 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista.

I am having internet connection issues as well...I was told that i would need to wait until I got Windows 7 on my laptop before they could begin to fix that issue.

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,582
Message 72 of 163

Re: Ordered Windows 7, got Vista. Tech Support unable to fix. Now what?

I agree they told me the same thing. If Mark or rest of lenovo team cant come up with a better solution then i will just return the laptop. Lenovo shipping takes forever.

i believe the connection issue has something to do with drivers that only works with Win 7 and this missing Win 7. hence having connection probs 

I tried getting my RMA and they want to charge me 15% restocking fee because i opened and turned on the laptop?

WTF THIS IS INSANE. 

Def is the last Lenovo product i will ever buy

goscottgo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,517
Message 73 of 163

I did some googling and there seems to be issues with the intel wifi 5100 a/b/n on other computers as well, not just Lenovo.  So when searching for a laptop to replace the failed Lenovo experiement I made sure to avoid that wireless card.  Sorry to say that even if you resolve the OS problem, you may run into internet connection problems next.

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,465
Message 74 of 163

i Still don't understand why Lenovo doesn't  have any type of Quality Control? How could they not catch this? 

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,420
Message 75 of 163

ll mine came in at 4pm this afternoon. By 4:30 Vista was gone and Win. 7 is installed, using Lenovo's key from the bottom of the machine. I don't know why others are having an issue with the key, unless I happened to download an OEM version of Win. 7. Its working fine now, although I haven't tried connecting to the internet yet. I just barely got home from my mother in law's (where it was shipped to) so I'll know more soon.

As long as everything works on this, I'm DONE WITH LENOVO. The machine looks good, feels good, and seems to be good quality so far. My only complaint(s) are with Lenovo service- customer service, shipping, and problem resolutions.

Jim

KingArthur
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,347
Message 76 of 163

The wireless connection switch has to be turned on though for connection. However my y550 came with a Vista too, such a pain....,

nhdiesel
Punch Card
Views: 1,277
Message 77 of 163

Just for a bit more info...I just connected to my wireless home network and went on the web, and its working fine. No disconnect issues while running Win. 7. Maybe its an issue with Vista on this machine?

Jim

tsakhan
Punch Card
Views: 1,271
Message 78 of 163

JIM 

where did you download that copy of Windows 7? 

nanobeast
Punch Card
Views: 1,414
Message 79 of 163

@tsakhan wrote:

I tried getting my RMA and they want to charge me 15% restocking fee because i opened and turned on the laptop?

Isnt this CC fraud?  They advertised Win 7 and it came with something else.  You did not get what you paid for. Should be full refund.

I think we should all get in touch with our credit card companies and report fraud.

jcmorrill
Paper Tape
Views: 1,409
Message 80 of 163

The same thing just happened to me. After patiently waiting weeks to receive my Y550, which I ordered during Lenovo's 7 days of Windows 7 promotion, I opened the package like a kid at Christmas, turned it on and went into a state of shock when it booted.....VISTA?!? This is absolutely ridiculous. After the post-sales assistance rep tried to send me over to support, I explained to him that they could do nothing for me because the WRONG OS IS INSTALLED. He put me on hold for several minutes and returned to tell me that "They are aware of  the problem and should have more information in two days". He said to call back Monday night. He did offer a full refund. Lenovo really messed up with this one.

Does anyone else have a "Manufactured for Lenovo" tag with a date in 2007 on the box? Mine says it was manufactured on 09/11/07. That could explain the Vista OS installation.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors