Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tradingideas
What's DOS?
Views: 2,430
Message 1 of 4

Overheating problem on Lenovo G 3000 Y410 - 2049 - 44Q

Hi Friends , 

I am facing a problem now a days and that really making me spin to tables.   I am using Lenovo 3000 series for my business needs . My laptop  is Family G410 - TYPE - 2049 and model number - 44Q .

now come to my problem from last one or two month its get over heated, and now its really impossible to work on the system if it reamain opens for continuous 2 - 3 hours. Which is neraly creating a negative effect on my business, by the way I only worked on laptop and that too for atleast 10 - 12 hours a day. Normally heat blowns up from LEFT SIDE OF KEYPAD .  

Can anyone please explain me what is happening with the machine. Do I need to go to lenovo customer care or is there is any alternative way to get the solution. I need to tell one thing, I only workk on tables not on my lap , beds , sofa's or anyother place. and when it overheat I need to switch off machine for next 1 - 2 hours.

thanks
Abhishek
tradingideas
What's DOS?
Views: 2,429
Message 2 of 4

Re: Overheating problem on Lenovo G 3000 Y410 - 2049 - 44Q

Friends , please reply me early as my warranty is going to expire on May , 19th 2009 Smiley Sad( ..  

and do tell me option to upgrade/extend the waranty  of my laptop.. I searched on main page,, but that is not opening properly. 

Jayjaylabs
What's DOS?
Views: 2,147
Message 3 of 4

well, it think you shoul use the warranty while it is still effective. actually, i also have a problem regarding the famous defective hinges of lenovo laptops, unfortunately my warranty has expired. and the cost of fixing those hinges cost quite half of the laptops price. so im doing improvisation right now. you better maximize your warranty service, however the problem is lenovo services are really slow. it might take 2 to 3 months. well, too much for a consequence, especially if your laptop is really important in your daily job.

Message Edited by Jayjaylabs on 07-13-2009 10:14 PM
deelip
Paper Tape
Views: 1,419
Message 4 of 4

I am yet another victim of the famous hinges problem. Despite having an extended warranty, the local  lenovo service provider in Goa blatantly refused to repair my laptop. According to him  hinges are not covered under extended warranty.  This is shear cheating especially when it  is well known to be a manufacturing defect.

When companies like Toyota, GM and others recall millions of vehicles for petty manufacturing defects, I am surprised Lenovo officials are turning a blind eye to such inherent problems.  I for one shall never go for Lenovo laptops any more.

Deelip Prabhudesai

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors