Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

09-29-2013

New York

8 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 1 of 5

P400 Touch Black Screen Bootup after Lenovo Logo

2013-09-29, 19:24 PM

I just bought the Lenovo P400 Touch 14" laptop on Saturday at BestBuy. I bought the i5 version with 6gb of ram. After customizing a few things (installing Google Chrome, wallpaper, and adding a couple of other things), I went to Steam (the online gaming PC service) to download Red Orchestra 2 (as it was free this weekend). I got about half way through the download (5.7gb out of 10.7gb) when the computer got really slow. I was on Chrome on one tab looking at my messages, so I exited out of that and went to pause the download. The program froze and I figured it would pop up with "program not responding" and it did giving me options to close out of the program or wait. So I clicked wait, it still did not respond so I restarted the computer. When it turned on, the Lenovo logo came up as usual but it took a very long time, it then went to a black screen and stayed like that for another really long time. So I tried restarting it a couple of times more, but this time it said: Preparing Automatic Repair, and then the second time it said: Recovering Files, and finally the third time it came up with a blue screen giving me the option to retry the boot-up or proceed to the boot-up settings. I tried the boot-up settings (or whatever it said) and it went straight back to the black screen. I tried waiting it out, and then I tried (as I read on the internet) to go into safemode by hitting F8. None of this worked and I'm pretty frustrated that after a day of use, my brand new, nearly 600 dollar laptop can't even get to the sign in page. My options are; here from somebody on this forum who can help, bring it back to BestBuy and see if they can do anything with it, or send it straight into Lenovo for repairs/replacement. I'm not worried about all the stuff on the laptop right now as I did hardly anything to it worth keeping, but is there anyway I could fix it (without voiding a warranty) besides sending it back for more frustration? Thanks if anyone can help!

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: P400 Touch Black Screen Bootup after Lenovo Logo

2013-10-01, 16:18 PM

Hi avellone5,

I'm sorry to hear what happened there....

If the system is fairly new without any important Files on it, try reloading Windows. 

turn OFF the system and press the Onekey Recovery.

It is the button Beside the AC Adapter jack.

You should have an option to run Recovery.

Note: This may Reset the system to Factory defaults losing all added files.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

09-29-2013

New York

8 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 3 of 5

2013-10-01, 18:29 PM

It didn't work :smileyindifferent: but thanks anyways! I called BestBuy and they said they could try and fix it and if that didn't work I could get a new one thankfully, my friend said it might have been a motherboard issue and I thought "so lucky it happened to me!" haha 

Options

4469 Posts

04-22-2013

Philippines

3830 Signins

254594 Page Views

• Views: 254594
  • Message 4 of 5

2013-10-01, 18:36 PM

hi avellone5

I see. feel free to update us once Bestbuy checked it, It might help some other Users.

thanks again for getting back to us.:smileyhappy:

I'm very glad Bestbuy covered it,

Looking forward to this 

Best Regards

solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

11-27-2013

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2013-11-27, 18:56 PM

I also have a problem with my Lenove P400 Touch. It's only 4 months old. Yesterday, I was using it, the brightness adjustment suddenly doesn't work. Then after that, the computer automatically shut down. When I try to turn it on, it was nothing but a blackscreen, the only button I could use is F9 button to turn on and off the screen. I tried to press the recovery button. Nothing happen. And unfortunately, I've lost my receipt. When I contact Best Buy, the ysaid that without my receipt, they couldn't do nothing about it. I don't know what to do know, please help.:smileysad: I really to get it fix before Dec 1st, I'm working on my porfolio so I could apply to CCAD, and all my files, picture are in the hard drive of it :((( I'm gonna die...

For additonal mine is i7 version with 8GB RAM.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms