Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
That-Guy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,287
Message 1 of 3

P400 plugged in not charging

I recently replaced my HDD (mine was bad so I received a replacement) and followed the instructions exactly as this document detailed: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_z_p_series_hmm_v1.0.pdf

My battery says "plugged in, charging" but it is not really charging. It has been at 15% for a couple of days now, and if I unplug the power chord the laptop just shuts off (immediately, as if no battery is connected).

I have taken the laptop apart again and disconnected then reconnected the battery (again follow the steps in the above document) but it has not fixed the problem.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 7,277
Message 2 of 3

Re: P400 plugged in not charging

hi That-Guy,

There are findings that some of these systems (including your model - P400) contain a function which can electrically disconnect the battery and a battery firmware fix was released to correct it.

See this article:

Ideapad Z400 or Z500 battery will not charge - plugged in not charging

I recommend you apply the fix ASAP and observe the battery status. If it still doesn't charge, try to perform a battery gauge reset under the Lenovo Energy Management tab and observe. If you still get issues, I recommend you contact lenovo on how to go about replacing the battery.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

That-Guy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,268
Message 3 of 3

Re: P400 plugged in not charging

That looks like it worked!

I'll post again if there is another issue.

Thank you!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors