Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JenningsNickola
Paper Tape
Views: 3,156
Message 11 of 17

Re: P500 Backlit Keyboard

SEE! I told you the P500 was supposed to have a backlit keyboad. The 'fn' key and space bar have this orange writing on them while the rest of the keys have white writing. This is to indicate to press 'fn+space' to turn on your backlit keyboard.

Why is his not working? Whats the problem here?

JSoOCD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,111
Message 12 of 17

The backlit keyboard on my P500 Ideapad/Windows 8.1 recently stopped working. I have tried "Fn Spacebar" endlessly and it doesnt work. I have downloaded the Lenovo Energy Management thing and still no backlight. The Capslk and Numlock keys both light up when pressed. And last week  I was troubleshooting a disabled keyboard and rotating screen orientation, and at one point the keyboard lit up- so i know it can still work. I just feel like its been deactivated somehow. Besides "Fn Spacebar", is there another way to activate the backlight. I read something about sticky/filter keys causing a problem- so i turned those off- still no kb backlight. I also read about going into BIOS to adjust something but I cant enter BIOS even on startup pressing F2 or F12- nothing happens-just normal startup. That(BIOS) is another problem but I guess thats for another thread. I appreciate any insight. I have been trying to research and resolve this, spending 5 hours a night for the last 6 nights. I'm stumped. Please help!

Bombanator
What's DOS?
Views: 3,080
Message 13 of 17

Hey, I'm having the same problems with my p500 for the couple 3 month now... I still haven't found a solution, but I ask that if you have please let me know like I'll let you know if I find anything. thanks!

JSoOCD
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,072
Message 14 of 17

yes,i will keep you informed. thanks
JakeSully
Broadband 3G
Views: 3,062
Message 15 of 17

have you guys sent laptop off to checks? since like one user said it's probably the backlight cabble that just got lose which it makes backlight not working so either try disamble your laptop if your able to if your a beginner then do not do that since doing so will easly get yourself damage the laptop so only those who has done this before can try taking keyboard lose and then see if they find a lose flat cabble for the backlight is not connected all you gota do is connect to it's place again and it should work as normal Smiley Happy P.S: don't forget to disconnect battery before doing so, since not doing that can damage your laptop.
aaphilbrick
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,429
Message 16 of 17

Did you ever find a resolution to this?  I am having the same problem.  When I use the NumLock and CapsLK the light comes on on only those keys.  Otherwise, none of my keys have the backlight now and that is what I loved about my P500.  FN and the Space Bar do nothing.  Is there a driver or something else that controls this? 

cdzo72
What's DOS?
Views: 2,311
Message 17 of 17

Anything come of this. While doing some other work to my laptop I damaged the small cable that I guess is for the backlight and have been without the backlit keyboard for months. I finally got my new keyboard put in today and darnit, the new keyboard won't light up. I've tried to uninstall the keyboard in device manager and reboot, as well as uninstall the Lenovo Energy Management software and reboot, but no luck.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors