Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sbarrier
Paper Tape
Views: 31,719
Message 1 of 46

P500 Brghtness

I have a new P500 that I've downgraded to Windows 7. For the most part I have everything working. I accidentally hit the brightness + (yes, +) and it instantly dimmed the screen to where it is barely viewable. It seems that hitting that one key decreased the brightness to the minimum amount. I've rebooted, looked for a setting in the BIOS, hit the Brightness +/- and can't increase the brightness. It is interesting because the other hot keys work correctly. I've even upped the brightness in the Control Panel, but nothing seems to work. The screen is extremely dim whenever the machine is powered on (including the BIOS), not just in Windows. Can someone please help with how to up the brightness? Thanks
Kennyboo2
What's DOS?
Views: 31,856
Message 2 of 46

Re: P500 Brghtness

This is what I had to do because the same thing happened to me.  Go to your D: drive and select drivers.  Scroll down and select VGA.  Install the drivers again. It says the drivers are older than the ones installed but I installed anyway.  It immediately fixed the problem.  I tried recreating the problem by hitting the brightness key and now the up and down brightness key works.  Let me know if this helps.

sbarrier
Paper Tape
Views: 31,617
Message 3 of 46

Thanks for your response. I've uninstall and re-installed 2 different versions of the video drives and that didn't resolve the issue.

The weird thing is that everything is very dim (boot process, BIOS, etc) so it doesn't appear to be a Windows issue.
Kennyboo2
What's DOS?
Views: 31,609
Message 4 of 46

http://www.notebook-driver.com/pt/lenovo/lenovo-ideapad-p500-windows-drivers-software/

Try this....go to this website...select video and download and install the drivers that start with these numbers: 9.17.xxxxxxx
ferguson0
What's DOS?
Views: 31,544
Message 5 of 46

This does work.  Here is the path: D:\drivers\VGA\Intel\x64\9.17.10.2817

Then just run Setup.exe.

It will give you the same information on reverting to an older driver.  Just hit ok, the screen should correct itself as the driver is refreshed, and then restart to complete.

megatruong
What's DOS?
Views: 31,445
Message 6 of 46

Hello, 

I am having this same problem.  I have just had my p500 reformatted from Windows 8 to Windows 7 and both of my brightness keys dim my screen.  I went to my drivers folder and saw no VGA folder.  I tried the site above and downloaded the driver from that site and still no success.  This is my first time posting on these forums so sorry if I have made any mistaking when making this post.

john_m_mower
What's DOS?
Views: 31,369
Message 7 of 46

I have all of the windows 7 problems with the P500.  I installed 7 x64 professional and I cannot install any drivers.  I still have no LAN, WLAN, chipset drivers working.  Any suggestions?  I have tried many things, reinstalling windows, re-downloading drivers and reinstalling - nothing.  I am pretty dissapointed.

edvelal
Paper Tape
Views: 31,317
Message 8 of 46

Bro... the files are not available anymore. Anyway, it says they are Win8. Do you have the files? Could you share them? Thanks!

edvelal
Paper Tape
Views: 31,301
Message 9 of 46

Man could you please share these files with us? Thanks!
impi-zulu
Paper Tape
Views: 31,262
Message 10 of 46

Hello,

Same problem but running Windows 8.

The new driver file "can't be found". "1hvh04w8.exe"

Until then I see 'through the glass darkly.'

Many thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals