cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Views: 2,087

Question

When using the mouse pad if I swipe my finger the wrong way it brings up the panel from the side that has the settings and power off and all and then when I take my finger off the pad it goes to the tile screen for windows 8. I have to go back to the desktop tile to get back to where I was.

Very annoying when playing a game or browsing the internet. Is there any way to disable this? I have tried many different settings and so far I can not find a way to turn this off.

Answer

Tha Charm bar can be disabled and are not able to be accessed through the mouse pointer if you followed the below steps but ,This does not mean that Switcher and Charms Bar will be completely disabled. You will still be able to show them using keyboard shortcuts. "The “Win+Tab” hotkey shows Switcher whereas the “Win+C” hotkey shows the Charms Bar "

Please follow the steps below to diable the charm bar and switcher. 

Step 1: First, open the registry editor by pressing the Windows key and then type on the search bar regedit, and Click Yes when the User Account Control prompt appears.

Step 2: Navigate to the following registry key in the registry editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ImmersiveShell

Right-click the ImmersiveShell key, point to New, and select Key.

Step 3: Name the key EdgeUI and press Enter, Right-click the EdgeUI key, point to New, and select DWORD Value.

Name

Step 4: The value DisableTLcorner and press Enter, Create another DWORD value in the same way and name it DisableCharmsHint.

Step 5: Double-click the DisableTLcorner value, type 1, and press Enter. This disables the top-left hot corner, which activates the switcher by default.

Double-click the DisableCharmsHint value, type 1, and press Enter. This disables the top-right and bottom-right hot corners, which reveal the charms bar by default.

To undo your changes and restore the hot corners in the future, right-click the DisableTLcorner and DisableCharmsHint values you created and delete them.

Was this information helpful?