Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
lenovoscreen
Paper Tape
Views: 366
Message 1 of 2

P500 External Displays

Hello,  I have a Lenovo P500 laptop and I'm trying to have 2 external monitors displaying at the same time, and just having the laptop itself closed or with a black screen. I know on Intels website, they state that the processor in this laptop cannot support 3 displays, but what I'm trying to do is just have 2 displaying, but both of them external. 

I'm not sure if my laptop is broken or something as well, because when I close it even with "do nothing" selected for when I close the lid the external monitor does not become the default display, it stays as an extended display with the main desktop still on the laptops screen.

Both monitors and their connections work until I try to connect them both at the same time, then one of them always goes to sleep.

If this is even possible with this laptop, can someone point me in the right direction? 

lenovoscreen
Paper Tape
Views: 262
Message 2 of 2

Re: P500 External Displays

Actually, after checking again it IS able to support 3 displays, and this laptop does not have the ability to connect with a dock.

It has an Intel® HD Graphics 4000, which is in a list of their graphics cards that are able to support 3 displays.

I'm also connecting one of the monitors through VGA, and the other one using an HDMI port on the laptop connecting to the DVI on the monitor through an adapter.

Anyone?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors