Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgejf
What's DOS?
Views: 277
Message 1 of 2

P500 Monitor flashes on and immediately goes black when awakening

After a long "sleep", over night for example, (laptop open and ac power) any attempt to wake up results in the monitor flashing on and immediately returning to black.  This happens whether I use my Bluetooth mouse, touchpad or any key to wake and happens with each attempt.  Unfortunately, while this happens frequently, the problem is somewhat intermittent.  Restarting the laptop is currently my only option.  Also, my laptop has been checked for hardware issues and can find none. Any  suggestions? Thanks.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 247
Message 2 of 2

Re: P500 Monitor flashes on and immediately goes black when awakening

hi georgejf,

Welcome to the Forums.

You're issue is most likely caused by the hybrid boot or hybrid shutdown. Can you try to:

1. Turn off Hybrid Boot and observe the PC.

2. Open event viewer (press Winkey+r > type eventvwr. On the event veiwer, navigate to Custom Views > Administrative Events and check if there's a critical error when the unit wakes up from sleep).

Also, does the issue persist if you put the computer to sleep in Safe Mode?

Let me know your findings,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors