Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjperks
Blue Screen Again
Views: 247
Message 1 of 2

P500 Touch Randomly Shutdown and Will Not Restart

Earlier this evening I was working on my P500 Touch laptop. I wasn't running an obscene amount of programs or doing anything I believed particularly strenuous for the laptop - I was editing a Publisher document and also had Chrome open in the background. The laptop shut down very suddenly with no warning - everything went black out of nowhere. I hit the power button in an attempt to restart, and the lenovo logo flashed, but the computer shut down again. It continued doing this for 20 minutes straight - sometimes the logo flashed, but sometimes only the power button lit up and the screen stayed black. I called support and they attempted to walk me through a few other options but nothing changed. I've looked everywhere online, tried every solution offered, and can't get anywhere. I've unplugged it, held power button down, tried the recovery button - when I hit that, I finally got a screen that gave me Windows recovery options and I chose to restart in safe mode - mistake, since now I'm back to square one. I can't find any other answers, and since it's out of warranty Lenovo can't offer me any further support. 

The rep told me I might need to reinstall Windows, meaning I'd lose everything - this is NOT an option. I am in my senior year of college and I have way too many valuable files on this PC to risk losing. 

Basically, I need a miracle. Please help!!

Youssef1
What's DOS?
Views: 220
Message 2 of 2

Re: P500 Touch Randomly Shutdown and Will Not Restart

I have this problem too but with z5070......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors