10-12-2018

US

2 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 3

P52 entering self-sleep mode for no apparent reason

2018-10-12, 18:51 PM

In the last couple of months, it has not been an issue, but now it is getting to be a pain. Apparently my P52 goes into sleep mode for  no apparent reason. I have tried to figure out what is triggering - web page, program operating, time of day, etc. However no correlation has been found. I turn the machine back on and log in and it would immediately go back in to sleep. It would take any where from 2 to 5 cycles of this before the computer remains on. The whole event would take place about once a week.

Battery is full and connected to the power. Not touching any particular "sleep" key (if there is one let me know and I will watch my fingers).

Anyone else have this issue? Solutions?

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue.

Options

283 Posts

08-02-2018

US

221 Signins

1807 Page Views

• Views: 1807
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: P52 entering self-sleep mode for no apparent reason

2018-10-13, 2:51 AM

Hi RedDerek,

Welcome to the community forums.

Have you also tried to adjust the settings of Sleep Mode in Power Options? If you haven't, you may set it to "Never" (see the picture for reference). In case, still doing the same thing, could you try to update the BIOS? You may download the driver here:https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-P-SERIES-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-P52-TYPE-20M9-20MA/downloads/DS032441 Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

5 Posts

10-12-2018

US

2 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: P52 entering self-sleep mode for no apparent reason

2018-10-13, 19:55 PM

BIOS is up to date.

Yes, settings are proper. What is most frustrating is that when I am actually on the machine doing something it goes into sleep mode. I can understand if settings were there to allow sleep after some time of inactivity, but going into sleep as I am actually typing on the machine is not there.

I talked to their support and they believe it may be the fan and the machine is getting hot - this, I would accept as a reason to go into sleep.

Derek

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete